Chapter 9 - Fuck You Dad

I must have been crazy because I dreamed about the white room again last night. They told me that whatever happens to me, now happens to 'him'. Like I know who the hell he is. Anyways, I heard some movement that woke me. "Mmm," I sighed as I turned my body. I opened my eyes and saw Sal sitting on the edge of the matress, his back turned to me.

"Goodmorning," Sal said looking down at some thing. "What are you doing?" I asked rubbing my eyes. "Oh, just texting Ash. She's asking where we are," Sal replied. No. No one can know about this place. "Don't tell her where we are," I said getting up. "Okay, I'll just tell her we're hanging out somewhere in town," Sal said, sending out the text.

"Did you eat anything yet?" I asked. "We're in the middle of the forest, of course I did. I killed a bear and ate it while you slept," he said sarcastically. I smacked him in the back of his head and we both laughed. "Let's go, there's a beach somewhere not to far from here," I said getting my spare clothes. "Don't look at me," I smirked. Sal mumbled something under his breath and turned around.

We left the treehouse, though our stuff was still there. We just brought our phones and our wallets with us. I drove to the nearest beach, and we ate at the nearby cafe. "Todd would love this place," Sal said lifting his mask to take a sip of his coffee. "He would, I mean they literally have a whole store based on paranormal stuff down the street," I chuckled. "You know, we have a treehouse back at home too." Sal said as we walked along the beach.

"Yeah, but I just wanted to take us here. Since we're both from New Jersey and all, plus I practically lived in that house," I smiled. "Can I ask you something?" Sal questioned. "Yeah, of course," I replied. "What did happen to your parents? How come you came to Nockfell all alone? You don't have to tell me," Sal asked. "Why ask if you don't want me to say?" I laughed. "My mom killed herself in my old house, and my dad blamed me for it, so I don't know. I just took the money and left," I sighed.

"I'm so sorry, Y/N. That's so fucking shitty of your dad, and I'm always here for you. You know that. Me, Larry, Todd, and Ash will never leave you, " Sal replied. I could see his hands forming fists as we looked at the sun rising over the ocean. I grabbed his hand and ran to the water. "I'm glad I have you, Sal," I smiled as I splashed some water on him.

"You did not just-?" Sal said splashing water back on me. "Oh, but I did." I laughed. He ended up chasing me along the shore, my clothes were wet and so was his, but it was so fun. "We're definitely going to get sick," Sal said as we sat on the sandy shore. "Oh yeah, but it's totally worth it." I giggled. "Do you wanna go egg my dads house?" I asked with an evil grin on my face. "I'm so down." Sal said getting up, taking my arm.

We ran back down to the car and went to the convenient store. We bought eggs and fertilizer, Sal got the fertilizer, I am not going to question it. We drove back to the treehouse and changed our clothes. "Today scouts, we fight." Sal said putting two black streaks on both sides of his mask. "If you win you live. If you loose you die. If you don't fight, you can't win." I grinned as I grabbed the wheel of my car. "Tatakae," Sal said placing a steak to his heart. Why the fuck did we just start quoting Attack on Titan. I bursted out laughing as we drove over to my old place.

This brought back memories, and not good ones. It was an old, beat up place. "We're here. I don't think the old mans home yet, he's probably at a bar," I said geting out. Sal grabbed the eggs and handed me some. "Dedicate your heart to the cause." Sal said. "Stop quoting AOT or I'll throw an egg at you instead," I laughed. "Okok, let's hurry before that asshole comes back," Sal said throwing an egg at the front door. I smiled and we threw eggs all over the house. I had an extra box of eggs, boiled eggs. "This is for hurting me," I said throwing the egg at the window. "This is for hurting mom," I choked, I think I was starting to tear up. I threw the rest of the eggs on the window, and a rock. The window completely shattered. "Oh fuck, we gotta bolt," I said with worry. "Hold on," Sal said taking the bag of fertilizer up to the door.

"Eat shit, dick." He said spreading it all over the front porch. "Come on, let's run" Sal laughed, running back to the car. "Fuck you dad!" I flipped off the house before getting into the car. I rolled down the windows and started driving, faster than I should. I felt so alive, though I was crying. But it wasn't sad tears. I screamed from the bottom of my heart and Sal stuck his head out the window, he screamed too. "Holy fucking shit, that felt so good," I laughed. "I can't believe you bought fucking fertilizer just to do that," I said punching him slightly on his arm. "It felt so badass," Sal laughed. "I would do this over, and over again as long as if it was with you," I said before thinking. "I would too."

We both decided to go to a random Spa place because might as well make the best of it while we're here. Sal absolutely hated it. He said the lady who massaged him kept ticking his feet and I laughed so hard. "Okay, I promise, we won't go there again," I chuckled as I laid down on my back on the mattress. "Good, I think that lady has a foot fetish. My poor toes," Sal said laying right next to me. I laughed. "I actually despised New Jersey but after coming here with you, I don't hate it anymore, " I admitted. "Honestly, me too. I don't think I want anyone else to know about this place," Sal replied. "Yeah, I don't want anyone to know too. This could be like, our own secret hideout away from reality," I agreed. "It's somewhere only we know," Sal smiled.

We ended up watching movies in the treehouse and agreed to go back to Nockfell in the morning. We woke up bright and early and headed back home. "Alright, we're home," I said pulling up to my driveway. "Thank you for taking me back there, I had a lot of fun," Sal replied. "I should be thanking you Sally boy," I said getting out of the car. "Do you wanna go to my place? Ash is there with Gizmo," Sal asked. As much as I love Gizmo, I didn't feel like seeing Ash right now. I don't know why and I know it's shitty but I just feel so off. "No it's okay, I gotta catch up on school work. We did skip class today, and plus i'm sure you want to be all alone with your, girlfriend," I smirked playfully. "Shut up, she's not my girlfriend, yet." Sal chuckled.

There goes that sting again, I don't understand why my heart just completely dropped. I don't like Sal that way, do I? Maybe I'm just jealous that my best friend is closer with someone else, I shouldn't be.

"Well then, tell Giz I said hi and make sure to use protection. Don't want any unwanted flesh cells to be walking around," I laughed heading back down to my house. "Seriously, shut up." Sal replied, his face was flushed. I could tell, his ears were red. "See you tomorrow Sally boy," I said waving. "See you, Y/N!" Sal said walking back to Addison apartments.

I closed my front door and my slid down my back onto the floor. I relapsed that night. I don't know why I did, I just felt like I needed it. Huh. Maybe I really am a masochist.

- end of chapter
authors note: hey hey hey;) i don't think this chapter was much of an angst chapter, you guys are so lucky that i'm sparing you rn. but don't worry, it'll get so so much worse! yes, this is a threat. also i'd just like to say, you guys don't know how long i spend on each chapter so i'll tell you. i spend around over an hour for each bc i really do put so much effort into them so if you could please do share this story with others, that would be great, but you don't have to:) anyways stay tuned for more updates and i hope you have a good rest of your day/night!<333