SEVEN

Disclaimer: before any of u guys come for y/n for going back to spencer a  few times, think about this for a minute...1) seggs does not = a relationship, 2) don't pretend like u mfs wouldn't fuvk spencer reid if you had the chance and finally, 3) we're all human, we have weaknesses, people that we always go back to no matter how bad we don't want to (even if it's not the healthiest thing), so think about that for a moment, kindly. 

...

"Jesus Christ," you breathe out, letting your head hang down. He opens his mouth to say something but you cut him off by placing your palm over his mouth, shaking your head. "No talking, I'm still mad at you."

"I could've guessed that one," he says, his voice muffled by your palm. The vibrations from his voice tickle your hand slightly as you catch your breath, sitting up in bed and throwing your feet over, grabbing a pair of panties and a t-shirt, turning your attention back to Spencer for a moment, his head thrown back on the pillows as his chest heaves, a thin sheen of sweat coating his face and neck. You pull your attention away from him as your phone rings on the nightstand and you run over, picking up the phone.

"Hold on, I'll be back."

"Y/N, wait-" You hear the sound of the chains of the handcuffs rubbing against the headboard as you walk out of the room, shutting the door behind you. You internally groan when you catch sight of the familiar number with the DC area code, immediately declining the call and turning back into your bedroom, walking down the hallway.

But it rings again.

When you decline it, the phone is ringing again with the same number not thirty seconds later, the same number as before. You huff in annoyance, sitting down on the couch, sliding the call to answer it, hearing the same monotonous robotic voice reciting a message you could probably read off by heart now.

"An inmate from the DC Central Detention Facility is trying to contact you. To accept the call, please press "one." To decline the call, please press-"

Taking a deep breath in, you press the number one on the phone, tapping your leg against the floor, your heart rate picking up with each ring of the phone. When the ringing suddenly stops, you bite down on your forearm to ensure he can't hear the way your breath hitches in your throat.

"Well, it's about damn time you answered. It only took you four fucking years." His voice still sounds exactly the same, and just as menacing. It's terrifying. You inhale a shaky breath, "What the hell do you want from me?" You whisper lowly, glancing down the hallway to ensure Spencer can't hear you on the phone. He'd be worried if he knew you were talking to Nathanial, then would most likely tell Hotch about it, who would demand to know why you didn't think it was important to tell him.

Nathanial chuckles lowly on the other line, sending a shiver down your spine, "I don't want anything, Y/N. I want to talk to you," he answers, "Why so quiet, Y/N? Do you have company over? Spencer, perhaps?" Your silence is enough of an answer for him and he laughs again, more menacing this time, and you can practically see the sadistic grin on his face and him shaking his head. "Wow, I wasn't expecting you to go back to him. Now after what he did."

"I don't know what you're talking about. Spencer and I haven't been together for four years, which is exactly what you wanted," you snap back, whispering into the receiver harshly. 

"You know, Y/N, friends with benefits never works, and you're naive if you think it does. Someone always catches feelings, you should know that by now based on our history." He's clearly antagonizing you, you can tell by the tone of voice he's taking with you. You won't let him affect you any more than he already has in the past. He's trapped behind those bars and you're out here walking free, and that's all you need to be content with your life right now.