"THIS DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!" Tim pushed his keyboard away, he went to his kitchen to make some coffee and think things through.

Jason shot Penguin point blank, in the face, Penguin is human, well not a Meta, he shouldn't have survived a lethal shot to the face.

"Jason didn't want him dead," Tim realized, "it was a blank, HE SHOT HIM WITH A BLANK."

Tim was so confused. What was the point? Does Bruce know?

Right! Bruce, what did Bruce do that made Alfred tell Jason to run?

Penguin had something to do with Willis Todd, he had to. Tim went back to his screen and pulled out the file of Willis Todd; he had a massive rap sheet, dealing, assault, domestic violence, assault with a deadly weapon, vandalism, so many colorful things. The records of Willis Todd in Black Gate show he sent letters to Ma Gunn's school for wayward boys. Every letter sent from prison is scanned and archived by the wardens.

Is it legal to archive the inmates' correspondences? Tim doesn't care, but Tim found the letters and read them. Faye Gunn was Willis Todd's mother, Jason's grandmother. Did she know he was her grandson when Batman brought him to her? Can't Jason catch a break in shitty families?

Willis wrote to Jason, admitting how much of a shit father he was, and telling Jason that the job with Penguin, the job that landed him 20 to life was a set up, he was the fall guy. Tim read the case file again, recognizing the cops and judge on the case; they were on Penguin's payroll. Willis and the other henchman were indeed the fall guys.

"Damn! Willis wasn't that bad," Tim whispered to himself as he found Jason's medical records from the instance Willis mentioned in the letters, "sure he's a criminal and hooked Catherine on drugs. But he tried to go straight, but I get it, your son might be dying, washing cars won't pay the bills! Way to make it Jason's fault douchebag! But at least he tried to reach out later on, make things right, I need to look into the science deal, but later, for now I need to access the cowl's footage. I should probably stop talking to myself."

Tim tried to get into the cave's servers again to no avail, Bruce was hiding something. Tim kept glancing back at the paused video of Jason on his knees in the cemetery. Something didn't add up, Jason seemed to be screaming. Why can't he remove that stupid helmet?

"The helmet! The stupid helmets record everything, I added that feature!" Tim yelled in excitement and hacked into the server the helmet uploads its feed.

"You can't! You can't make me care what happened to you! Not after everything you did to mom ... to me!" Jason said out of breath then screamed at the top of his lungs, "I DON'T CARE! I don't ... care. I don't."

Tim froze the agony in Jason's voice cut deeper than daggers, the sound of Jason's possible sobs muffled into the helmet as he repeated the words "I don't care" over and over until he finally got to his feet, made Tim tear up a bit. Tim waited for the entire feed to download; it must have recorded the fight. It has to have recorded the fight.

PING!

Patrol time. Where're you at?-Dick

"Right, patrol," Tim didn't feel like patrolling, he had to watch the fight from a different angle, Jason's point of view was a good start.

There was so much more to that night than what the news reported, and Tim was adamant on finding out the truth.

Timmy? Are you passed out on your computer again? –Dick

Tim had to reply, or Dick would show up here, and he wasn't ready to deal with that.

I'm working on something; I'll be out in a bit-Tim