Chapter 75: Finally Home

MADELINE

After kissing for a while Bucky and I decide to take a breather. 

"I agreed with Steve we would take it slow. I think you and I should do the same." 

I watch him as I say it and he groans a little. "What does 'taking it slow' actually mean?"

I chuckle at him, "It means, we can kiss. But no sex. For now." 

He groans again and then chuckles, "That's fair. It's just been so long since I've gotten to touch you." 

"You're touching me right now, Buck," I reply, looking down at his hands gripping my waist tightly. 

"I know, but you know what I mean.. I also miss waking up next to you." 

I peck his cheek, "Maybe we can make an arrangement on that one." 

His eyes light up, "Yeah?" 

"Yeah. Because I miss that too." 

... 

After I leave Bucky's room I go back out to talk to Steve. Bucky follows me out and goes to the kitchen while I go to the lounge area and plop down on the couch. 

"How'd it go? Judging from the smile on your face - and on Buck's face - I'm assuming pretty well." Steve says as he smiles softly at me. 

I glance to Bucky in the kitchen and Steve's right, he's smiling, talking to Wanda. 

"Yeah, it went well. We made up." I say as I turn to Steve, grinning. 

I move closer to him and lean my head on his shoulder. 

He moves his hand around my waist as he glances down at me, "So, what does that mean?" 

"It means we're still taking it slow." 

"'We' as in..?" He asks as he glances back at Bucky. 

"'We' as in all 3 of us. As long as you're still okay with it." 

He pulls my face to his with his hand and meets my eyes, "Anything you want, baby." And then he leans down and kisses me softly. 

... 

The entire team decides to have dinner together which is nice. We're all sitting around the dining room table. I have Steve beside me and Bucky across from me. Wanda is on the other side of me and Nat is besides Bucky. Tony is at the head of the table, with Clint and Vision on either side of him. Bruce is sitting at the end of the table. 

"Where's Sam?" I ask as we all sit down. 

"He's on a mission," Steve replies, "He's got some agents with him." 

"Does he know I'm back?" I ask Steve. 

"I texted him. He said welcome home and to never let you leave again." 

I laugh a little and glance to Bucky who flashes me a smile. 

"Alright, now that we're all having dinner like a family together I suggest we watch a movie afterwards." Tony says as he pours food onto his plate. 

Wanda nods excitedly, "Yes! There's this one movie I've been wanting to watch forever!" 

I glance to Steve quickly and blush, remembering the last time we watched a movie together. And then I look at Bucky who's smirking at me. I bite my lip as I chuckle at him and he licks his lips in response. 

"Slow," I mouth at him silently and he rolls his eyes with a big smile on his face. 

"Seems BionicMan over there is doing better," Tony comments as he watches Bucky smile at me. 

"They made up," Nat says as she takes a bite of her food and proceeds to smirk at me. 

I shoot her a quick look. 

"Yeah, we made up," I say to Tony with a smile. 

"That means you're staying?" Tony asks. 

I scrunch my face, "Hmm, I haven't really decided yet. I need to see if there's anything worth staying for, here." I laugh. 

As soon as I say it, Steve tickles my sides and I feel Bucky's leg brushing against mine under the table and it makes me laugh harder. 

Nat and Wanda both start laughing as well and Nat says, "Yeah, she's not going anywhere." 

... 

We're all sitting around the lounge area. I'm leaning against Steve on the couch and Bucky is sitting at the end of it, my feet on his lap. He brought a blanket that he covered me in despite the fact that their body heat is more than enough to heat me up. 

As soon as his hands move to my feet and ankles, I realize he wanted the blanket to cover me so he could touch me freely. 

He glances at me as he pinches one of my toes and I giggle. He smiles back softly. 

My back is leaning against Steve and his arms are around my waist. He leans down to my ear, "I've missed this." 

"What, movie night?" I ask as I look up at him.

"No, just being with you like this." I smile up at him and plant a kiss on his cheek. 

Tony turns the lights off and starts the movie. As it begins and I hear the people around me laughing and giggling, and I feel Steve's heartbeat against me and Bucky's hands caressing my legs softly, I start to feel at peace again. 

I'm finally home.