Chapter 46: Watch Your Mouth

MADELINE

I'm riding the elevator up to the top floor with Bucky.

He's glaring at me and practically yelling as I ignore him.

"Madeline! Talk! What the hell was that?!"

I'm trying to ignore him but the more he demands that I explain myself, the more aggravated I get.

As he yells, "TALK!" at me once again, I turn to him with a death stare.

"JESUS CHRIST BUCK! WILL YOU JUST LET IT GO? I TOLD YOU I DON'T FUCKING KNOW SO BACK THE HELL OFF!"

He blinks at me for a few seconds, surprised by my outburst.

As the elevator dings and we reach the top floor I get out quickly, wanting to avoid him as much as possible.

"Madeline!" He yells after me as I walk away.

I ignore him but he does it again, louder this time. 

"MADELINE!!"

I turn around to face him as I yell back, "WHAT BUCKY? WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU WANT?!"

His face changes as he looks at me and he walks towards me quickly, darkness in his eyes.

He moves up real close to me and I feel his breath on my face as he stares me down.

"Don't you fucking dare talk to me like that ever again," he says, his jaw clenched. I meet his eyes and they look dark and demanding. I get an instant flashback to a few nights before when he was watching me.

"Or what?!" I yell back at him, annoyed and angry that he would ever think he got to decide how I act or what I do. Not even Steve gets to do that. 

He stays silent but I see his metal hand clenching at his side. His eyes are keeping me hostage, intimidating and dominating. I want to look away, but just like the other night, I am physically unable to.

The hold he has over me, just by looking at me, is insane.

"Fuck you Bucky! You're not the fucking boss of me!" I yell back at him in an effort to distract myself from the thoughts running through my mind.

He reacts instantly.

Suddenly, his metal hand is wrapped around my throat, his lips practically touching mine. My eyes go wide at the sensation and my mind is clouded by thoughts of anger and arousal. I've thought about what it might feel like, him grabbing me like this, but it was always in a completely different context than what's happening right now. 

"Watch your fucking mouth, doll," he says as he keeps my eyes captive. 

He tightens his grip on me slightly, but it doesn't hurt me. My mind is scattered, my thoughts are on how annoying he is, how he shouldn't be talking to me or grabbing me like this, but also on how it feels to be grabbed like this. How he's looking at me. How he looks right now, his metal arm outstretched, his hand around my throat, keeping me in place, and his eyes having complete control of me.. The tingle inside. 

I'm not able to control my reaction, too occupied by my own thoughts, and a slight moan escapes my lips. 

He moves his gaze from my eyes down to my lips and within a fracture of a second, he pulls me towards him, his mouth on mine.

I exhale a breath of relief as he kisses me.

I've wanted to do this for a long time without ever having the balls to act on it.

He kisses me ferociously, the kiss heated. Teeth against teeth, his tongue against mine instantaneously. He moves his hand to the back of my neck, holding me close against him. I feel his hard body against mine and I can hear him panting as he kisses me. He moves his other hand to my waist and grabs me tightly, as if he is relishing in the feeling. Like he can't get enough. Like he needs me. 

I feel the heat immediately but I also feel something else.

Electricity.

FUCK!

I retract myself immediately once I think about Steve and remember that this would be considered cheating.

I'm looking at Bucky, his wild eyes meeting mine, and we are both panting as our eyes stay locked on each other. 

My look changes to horror and he quickly retracts his hands from me. 

"Fuck.." Bucky mumbles as he sees my reaction. He moves back a few steps as he looks down to the floor. "That was a mistake.. Jesus.. Fuck.. James you fucking moron," he says as his eyes trace over me once more before storming off to his room.

I'm standing in the hallway panting, my entire world having just been shattered to pieces, and I'm feeling kind of like the punching bag I left back at the gym.