"i like that idea." san whispered with a nod and closed his eyes, feeling sleep begin to take over him. wooyoung pulled san closer to him so the older could rest comfortably. san nuzzled his head into the crook of wooyoung's neck and wooyoung smiled at the feeling of small puffs of breath against his neck.

"goodnight, sannie." wooyoung kissed san's forehead softly before closing his eyes and drifting to sleep.

"san, congratulations on graduating." san smiled at his teachers and walked over to the rest of his classmates to celebrate. 

their graduation had gone smoothly with only a few humorous remarks from the students. everyone had a bright smile on their faces and it felt like a weight had been lifted off their shoulder's knowing that they were now officially done with high school.

"san, i'm so proud of you." san turned around and stumbled as wooyoung threw himself at the older. san chuckled and wrapped his arms around the smaller's waist.

"am i interrupting something?" both boys snapped their head around to see seonghwa standing behind them with a grin. san's face lit up and he pulled away from wooyoung to throw himself at seonghwa. wooyoung didn't mind and instead watched the scene with a smile, knowing how important seonghwa was to san.

although it had only been a few days since san had seen seonghwa, it felt like years to both boys. "how have you bee, love?" seonghwa asked as he traced circles on the younger's back.

"i fucked up again, hwa. i'm so sorry but i'm going to fix everything for real this time." san pulled away to look at seonghwa and the older could see the sincerity in his eyes. seonghwa smiled and pulled him in for another hug.

"i'm proud of you, sannie. you can do this." san sighed in relief, happy to see his best friend again. seonghwa was like a mother figure to him and he knew he could always rely on him.

"okay, i'll let you have your boyfriend back, i have to go find joong anyways." seonghwa laughed and gently pushed san back towards wooyoung.

"oh no, we're not-" both boys blushed and began to talk at the same time, making seonghwa laugh.

"whatever you say, i'll see you later." seonghwa shook his head at the flustered pair before making his way back over to his boyfriend.

"wanna get out of here?" san nodded in response to wooyoung's question and wooyoung grabbed his hand to pull him out of the hall. san caught sight of mingi right before leaving the room and gave him best friend a smile and wave, making the taller laugh and wave back.

wooyoung took san up to the familiar roof top and the pair sat down and looked around at the view of the city. san sighed and closed his eyes, enjoying the warmth of the sun. it wasn't too warm as the sunny day was now slowly transitioning into the evening.

wooyoung watched the older with a fond smile. he loved this side of san - he looked free and just happy in general.

"san, what are we?"

the question made san open his eyes and look at the younger. "what do you mean?"

"do you like me?" san's eyes widened and he broke eye contact with the boy.

"i'll take that as a no, and that's okay. i'm okay with being just friends, i just wanted to know-"

wooyoung didn't notice how san had moved closer to him as he was too busy rambling. the only thing that finally got him to shut up was the feeling of lips on his. wooyoung's eyes widened but he soon melted into the kiss, wrapping his arms around san's waist.

after a few more seconds the two pulled away and looked at each other. "does that answer your question?" san whispered and wooyoung smiled sheepishly. san smiled and moved back to his original spot.

"i guess it doesn't answer it properly," wooyoung lifted his head to look at san, waiting for him to continue. "i don't know what we are, but i'll be happy with whatever you want to be." san looked over at wooyoung to see his reaction. wooyoung cooted closer to san so he was not sitting between the older's legs, facing him.

"san," san hummed in response and wooyoung giggled. 

"just be my boyfriend, god damn it."

san's eyes widened but a big smile managed to creep it's way on to his face. wooyoung laughed and pushed san back so he was now laying on the ground of the roof top. wooyoung wrapped his arms around the older and rested his head on his chest with a content smile.

the couple lay like that and watched as the blue sky turned to a beautiful pink color. to sum it up, it was a very good day for both boys.

a/n: desire started playing while i was writing this and my broken humor finds that funny