Chapter 5 - Don't poke the bear

Start from the beginning

"She is a monster!!!" The leader yelled.

"SHE IS JUST LIKE YOU AND ME!!! SO IF SHE IS A MONSTER SO ARE YOU!!!! SO AM I!!! EVERYONE IS A MONSTER!!!! SHE IS JUST LIKE YOU!!!! SO ASK YOURSELF, WOULD YOU KILL YOURSELF!!!!"

 The leader paused as he thought as about words Varian said .... Both Varian and him looked at each other, when he gave an evil grin. "Do it!" Varian looked back to the cannon's and they were fired, in them were these nets with heavy rocks on them, so when you were caught in one it would stay and it was heavy. The net wrapped around Cassandra and knocked her in the water.

"NO!!!!" Varian screamed. The leader turned back to look at Varian, hoping to see the boy crying.

"I'm sorry kid, but I guess her time had come and-"He looked over and Varian was gone, "WHERE'S THE KID!!!" He yelled looking over to see Varian jumping in the water. All of the men went and walked over to where Varian jumped in. They all looked over the edge of the ship.

Varian was swimming down with his arm as far forward as he could get it, trying to grab Cassandra's hand. She was unconscious, she had taken in too much water. Varian thought there was still hope. With a singing pain in his side as the water touched his open wound, he would not give up.

While this was happening the men at the top saw the top of the water turning into a really light faded red from Varian's opened wound, then the water started to move, and out from the water came Varian, as he held Cassandra in his arms. Varian threw the net onto the edge of the plank and used it like a rope ladder to climb up as he held Cassandra.

Varian put her down and looked at her. He looked at her all soaking wet, as he took a deep breath. He looked around trying to find something that could help Cassandra, but the only thing he could think of was CPR, he did a little research on it last year since it fascinated him, but he had never tried it before, but he didn't have any other plan.

He sat down next to her, as he applied pressure to her chest, causing blood to circulate. He took a deep breath as he leaned down to her lips and slowly exhaled into her mouth. Slowly he leaned back up as he looked at her... "Cassie?" he asked, as he looked at her.

Cassandra's eye's opened as she started coughing. She had water come out of her mouth as she sat up. She looked at herself and she was ok. Breathing a bit unnaturally as she looked at Varian with a smile.

Varian eye's filled with tears, along with joy, and relief fas he leaned over and hugged her. "I'm so happy your ok!!!" He said while smiling. Cassandra smiled as she was looking over Varian's shoulder. She lifted her left hand going to hug Varian but as soon as she touched his side he let go of her and grabbed his side as he fell further to the ground, he looked up at Cass with a small smile, as he said. "I'm fine." He said while breathing heavily. Cass looked at his wound and it wasn't looking so good. Varian looked into Cass's worried eyes and it made him feel better knowing she cared.

The leader of the group walked up to them. Varian looked up at him with an angry stare. As he held Cassandra close he said. "THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!!!!"

"What is?" The man replied, "She's fine isn't she?"

"BARELY!!!! SHE IS ONE OF THE KINDEST MOST INCREDIBLE PEOPLE I KNOW!!!! AND IF ANYTHING HAD HAPPENED TO HER IT WOULD'VE BEEN BECAUSE OF YOU!!!!" He said as his side started to sting, he reached his hand over to touch it but it only made it worse. He looked over and it was started to bleed again, but the seawater he was in earlier didn't help. Cassandra couldn't bear to see him like this, if he hadn't come here to save her, he would be safe back home.

The leader came up close to Varian and threw something at him. Varian and Cassandra both closed their eyes and protected the other, but after a couple of seconds they opened their eyes, and it was a first-aid kit. Varian looked at the guy with confused eyes.

"Look, we aren't gonna let you go or be nice to you, but you inspired us, kid, it took guts to do that and we aren't going to be the main cause of your death. At least not today." The leader said looking at him.

Varian grabbed the medical bag. "I don't know what to say...."

"No need to thank us, we just want you to have a front-row seat for what happens next." The guy came up and put the handcuffs back on Cassandra and Varian.

Varian looked at the handcuffs, and sarcastically said "Great." 

"Well don't worry about it for too long, they'll come off for a little bit soon." The leader said with a smile.

"And why is that?" Cass asked with her free hand on her hip.

"Because we're here." The leader said. 

/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

Sorry for the wait. But I LOVE the way this turned out.  I will start the chapter most likely tonight. I have the majority of it planned out. I hope to have it out soon. Please leave a comment and don't forget to vote on my story. Hope you enjoyed and see you next time.