College is where I'm supposed to be smarter. Keep my head down, make some friends, focus on class, and avoid my dad and his players as much as humanly possible. So far I've succeeded at all of the above.

The bartender brings two more drinks for us over and I down my other shot since Pritchett hasn't yet. I need it more than she does.

"I haven't seen two girls as pretty as you around here in a long time. What brings you to Twin City?"

And then Pritchett says something that about causes me to shove her off the barstool she's sitting on. "Al is looking to get out of her comfort zone. I heard from a friend that Twin City is the bar to be at on campus so here we are."

His baby blue eyes shift to me, "Oh is that right?"

I'm going to kill her.

We're rooming together so it should be fairly easy. Smother her with a pillow while she sleeps peacefully. She'd never see it coming.

I don't bother responding, instead taking a sip of my drink. I can feel the effects of the first shot, combined with the beer I already had before that. I'm fine, but the second shot hasn't hit me yet. I need to be done before I make any stupid decisions.

Pritchett shoots me a smile and a quick wink. "I'm going to go to the restroom. You'll keep an eye on her, won't you?"

Fucking Cora Pritchett. I'm actually going to kill her. Tonight is about her finding someone to hook up with, not her hooking me up with someone.

"Cross my heart and hope to die."

Pritchett disappears and I resist the urge to bang my head on the counter. "You can go back to your buddies, I'm not interested."

Instead, he slides into the seat Pritchett had been occupying since she traitorously disappeared. "I'm Jack. What does Al stand for?"

"Well Jack, that's for me to know and you to figure out."

I tap my fingers on the neck of the bottle, ignoring him as he studies me. "I'm going to have to go with Allie?" I think the disgust on my face proves his answer wrong without me needing to say anything. Jack laughs, "Alex?" I shrug indifferently because I don't plan on telling him my actual name but all this results in is him shifting closer to me. "Well Alex, I think you're stunning."

He can't think this shit actually works. A short laugh escapes me, "Does that line work on girls normally?"

His smile grows, pleased that I actually responded. "Usually. Lucky for you, I like the coy act too."

"It's not coy if I'm actually not interested." I point out to Jack because I'm not.

He's attractive. He's tan from summer still and built like he could bench two of me easily while not being too buff. Except Jack knows he's hot which isn't attractive.

"Darling, you're making me look bad in front of my friends." He teases and I take another drink of my beer.

"Boo hoo." He needs to get over himself.

Jack doesn't let my response deter him. "My buddies will tease me endlessly if I have to leave you without a kiss at least. I have a feeling your friend isn't going to let you leave either unless she thinks something happened between us. So what do you say to getting out of your comfort zone and saving me from public humiliation? It's a win win situation."

As much as I don't want to admit he's right, I think that Jack is unfortunately right about Pritchett. She isn't going to leave until she's satisfied that I've stepped out of my comfort zone.