Always.

They naturally found themselves laying down on the bed, Zuko in Sokka's arms, Sokka holding him.

Saying- swearing that one day Sokka would meet the turtleducks, and that he'd get to feed them. Even if Sokka still had no clue what a turtleduck looked like, he still pictured himself throwing in some pieces of bread for the small floating animals.

The rain was still doing its thing, driving both Sokka and Zuko in their conversation. Sokka's hand in Zuko's hair, the other on his hip. Everything feeling at ease and at peace, like it belonged. Because maybe it did.

It was late, or maybe better considered early, but tiredness didn't come just yet. Sokka was getting lost in Zuko's voice, and he thought it was the best thing he had drank since his cactus juice adventure.

Sokka closed his eyes, letting himself get drunk on the pleasant noises around him. Everything felt so real in that instant, Zuko's hair, the fabric he was laying on, his thumb stroking the framing at the other boy's hip.

The way the room smelled like rain, but also like spice and sea. Rain still pouring and raspy voice still talking about tiny Fire Nation animals that Sokka had no idea what they looked like despite Zuko's descriptions.

At this instant, he felt good. He couldn't help but let his lips curl into a smile. A few days back he had wanted to truly know Zuko. Know what he went through, what were his struggles, his interests. His favourite food and drink and what kind of tea he hated the most.

He still had a lot to learn about him, yet what he knew so far felt like a lot. Not too much though, nothing about Zuko could never be too much to Sokka's eyes, but just enough so that he wanted to know more and drown into facts about Zuko.

"What are you smiling about?"
"Mmh?" Sokka cracked an eye open and met the golden ones who were directly looking at him, a little amused, "Oh uh, nothing. I just realized how much I like your voice."
Zuko chuckled before looking down, his cheek painted a soft shade of pink.

Sokka took the opportunity to lay a small kiss on Zuko's mouth. Zuko kissed back, only pressing his mouth harder on Sokka's. He pulled away, a small blush still on his face, "I'm happy we can finally get to do this."
"Yeah." Sokka answered, smiling, "I can't believe you thought that you were obvious."
"I mean, wasn't I?"

Sokka laughed as Zuko rolled his eyes, "Zuko I think that in a tournament of 'who is the most obvious' you would definitely lose."
"What even makes you say that?" He asked, giving a light punch on Sokka's shoulder.
"Well, each time we got like close close you would walk away." Sokka shrugged.
Zuko rubbed his neck, "Oh yea I'm sorry about that."
"Don't be, I get that you can get a little bit scared to kiss someone as handsome as me." Sokka said, lifting his eyebrows.

Zuko rolled his eyes, "I just didn't want it to happen during an uneventful moment Sokka. I don't know how everybody would react if they saw us kissing."

Sokka once again shrugged, and Zuko went back to laying his head on Sokka's chest. "So uhm, Zuko? Why do you like me?"
Zuko didn't move, but he threw his arm on top of Sokka's hip, proceeding to hold him tighter, "You're funny."
"That's it?"
Zuko chuckled, "Because you're wonderful Sokka and you make me feel happy about things. I like spending time with you and I don't know, I guess you're very pretty."
"That's more like it." Sokka joked, and them immediately getting rewarded with a hit once again on the elbow, "Ouch."

"What about you? Why do you like me?" Zuko asked.
Sokka went back to the lists he had made in the past week, blushing in embarrassment. He shook the thoughts away. He didn't know when he'd tell Zuko about the lists yet, but he hoped the answer would be never.