Mind a spar?

Zuko showed some tricks that he had learned with Piandao back in the days, where his dad showed a least a bit of interest in what his son could bring him, it wasn't like that anymore.
They finished training -and some sparing too- about a hour later. Sokka said he was tired and that his muscles were aching and Zuko rolled his eyes, saying that 'he'd never master the sword if he stops after barely any practice'. The sun was still up, so they probably had enough time to do something else now. Anything other than sparing with Zuko.

Not only the teenager was extremely good, avoiding almost every hit Sokka would throw, he was also very agile and light on his feet. But the way his whole body moved, and when he had Sokka pinned against the ground, one of his Dao sword pointed at his face, that made Sokka's entire body flush. He hoped Zuko wouldn't notice his embarrassment when he picked him off the floor and put him back on his feet, their faces being only a few inches apart for barely a second or two. He didn't know if it was him or the firebender who made the contact of their hand so hot, physically. But anyway, each time that would happen, Zuko would simply barely react or just ignore it, as if nothing was happening. 

"So." Sokka started, "Well that was nice."
"Yea, it was." Zuko responded.
"Thank you for showing me all this really it's very sweet." Sokka blushed, as if he didn't mean to say that.
"You're welcome. And sorry for what I said earlier, you're getting better at this by the minute."
Well now it was just compliment over compliment. Fantastic.
"Thank you." Sokka said finally. He stared at Zuko for a second, zoning into his amber eyes. Those who he felt like they could talk on their own, but before he could try to penetrate their memory Zuko looked away. Sokka nodded to himself and headed for the hallway.
"Where are you going?" Zuko asked, the echo of his voice in the large room bouncing on the walls.
"There's a river not far from here, I'm just gonna go clean." He answered. He noticed the look on Zuko's face. It was like he was trying to say something, but something was forcing him to keep his mouth shut. Maybe if he asked Zuko- "Wanna join me?"
"It's alright." Zuko gently refused.
Sokka let out a 'Okay.' and he was now walking toward the river.

Sokka jumped in the cold water, letting out a swear as the feeling of stings went in contact with his skin. Once he felt more comfortable, he let out a sigh and started washing up. He couldn't get his mind off Zuko, for whatever the reason was.

Why was he so kind all of the sudden? As if he had never betrayed Katara back in Ba Sing Se and let his crazy lightning shooting sister almost kill Aang. Now he was somewhat good? And worst of all, Sokka believed him? And why that? Why would he ever believe a guy like Zuko? Someone that had chased them all around the world only to capture Aang in order to bring him back to his father. Lucky them they never actually got captured, or at least not for long. But now he was good, and Sokka believed him.

He believe in Zuko's intentions, but he just hoped that it wasn't going to turn against him anytime soon.

He rinsed himself with the water, it was dark out now, so Katara was probably going to call for diner. He'd better hurry if he didn't want to alarm anyone. Sokka dried up and got dressed, his hair were still wet so he decided to let them down for them to dry quicker. He was probably gonna go to bed after that anyways, so no need to get all dressed up for no reason.

He arrived back to the camp and he had guessed right, Katara was just now calling Sokka for the second time when he appeared in the room.

"Do you mind telling me where you were?" She said her voice a little infuriated.
Sokka took a bowl of rice, no meat as usual these days, "Calm down I was just getting cleaned up." he said, "what are you mad about anyways?"
"Nothing." she frowned, the circle was silent, only the fire in the center of the room was making a small creaking sound.
Sokka shrugged and went to sit down beside Toph and Zuko, "So what's the plan for tomorrow?"
"Well I still need to practice some earthbending, this time Toph will be able to help though. And also waterbending, Katara said she'd teach me these cool thing you can make it's like water tentacles!" Aang exclaimed, Katara smiled at the mention of the water tentacles.
"And I think you're ready for some actual firebending." said Zuko.
Katara frowned again, "As long as you don't burn him." she mumbled.