I trust you too

"Yeah that was a great dance you two learned there."
"It's not a dance. It's a firebending form."

Sokka moved his fingers in a dancing manner as he watched Zuko frown, "We'll just tap-dance our way to victory over the fire lord."
"It's a sacred form that happens to be thousands of years old!" He replied.
"Oh yeah? What's your little form called?" Katara grins.
Zuko drops his head in embarrassment, "The dragon dance."

They all laugh, including Aang who had been performing the dance with him a few minutes ago. Zuko keeps his head low but Sokka knows he's trying not to laugh. Sokka's happy to see them again, both intact and firebenders.

"I'm kind of tired, the past few days have been pretty much sleepless." Zuko explained, "So uh, I'm going to take a nap. Excuse me." He bowed and left for his room quickly.

"Wow I didn't think the whole dance thing would be that embarrassing for him." Katara said, Aang shrugged, "Anyway, Aang. We could do some waterbending if you'd like."
"Sure." He answered with enthusiasm before following Katara out of the room.

Sokka was now alone again. Though he wanted to see Zuko, ever since he had left and then Sokka realized some stuff. Could he go and see him? Or at least try to talk before he'd be too deep in his nap. Maybe he could go after? Well he could, but he wasn't sure if he'd be able to wait for Zuko to wake up.

He groaned. If only he didn't have this stupid crush on this stupid boy then he wouldn't be knocking at his door with his heart pounding loudly in his chest. He knocked a second time, maybe Zuko didn't hear the first knock. He didn't hear the second either then, because no noise could be heard from the other side of the wooden door. Sokka sighed, it was dumb anyways and maybe it was just a sign of the universe that he and Zuko shouldn't talk right now. Maybe Yue was somewhere, telling him to turn around and-

"Sokka?" He heard behind him.

Oh, so Zuko did hear him. Good, he had now once again lost his tongue. He turned around to face the firebender, trying to maintain himself in order not to blush at the thought of Zuko saying only his name.

"Do you need anything?" He said, noticing that Sokka hadn't answered.
I need you Zuko, " Nope. Nothing, I just came by to uh... take some news? But you're clearly busy so uh. I'll leave you to it." He blurted out.

"We can talk, if you want."
"Are you sure? Because you said you were gonna take a nap and I don't want to disturb you or any-"
Zuko interrupted him, "Sokka. Just come in." And Sokka let out a deep breath.

He entered the room and Zuko closed the door behind them before he went and sat down on the bed, Sokka still standing there like he was somehow frozen. How did he never notice how pretty Zuko was? Well no, lies.

He knew Zuko was pretty for a long time now, he hated to admit it but it was true, but now- now he was simply flawless . The way his dark hair covered the top of his face, his eyes which even if they kind of looked a little tired still had that kind of flame in them. His mouth, so kissable. His scar. If Sokka didn't know any better he would've said that it was ugly. But even without knowing its backstory he found it beautiful, like it somewhat belonged on Zuko's face, like it was just a part of who he was. He wanted to know more, know about who Zuko really was. Not just stories about training with Pandiao. And he wanted Zuko to know who Sokka was too.

"Care to lay down?" Zuko said, stripping Sokka out of his thoughts. Fuck. For how long had he been staring at Zuko like that? Did it creep him out?

He nodded and laid down beside Zuko. His heart was beating. I mean, it was always beating but now, it was beating like a little too fast for it to be not concerning. He could feel Zuko's warmth spread on the bed, it felt almost suffocating.