I quickly handed her the note, but before she got a chance to write anything back to me, the teacher snatched it up and began to read it. I watched as her facial expressions changed throughout the note. 

"Oh...oh my..." She looked between Fiona, Jason, and I. 

"Why is she looking at me?" Jason whispered. "What's in the note?" 

I blushed a deep crimson color. 

"Azula, Fiona, see me after class." She said before folding up the note, grimacing, and walking back to her seat. 

Jason was still confused. "So were you guys talking about me or something?" 

"No!" I answered too quickly and blushed deeper. 

"Yes you were! You were probably writing dirty things like how you want to undress me later have your way with-" 

"Shhh! No!" I stayed as quiet as I could. 

"It's nothing to be ashamed about, but don't you think we should be in a relationship before you start saying things like that? I mean, geez, really. At least take a guy to dinner." 

Before I could protest or make a witty comeback, the bell rang and Jason was out of my sight in seconds. 

Fiona and I waited until everyone was gone before we went to the teacher, Ms. Wimm's desk. 

"Ladies, you know I do not tollerate passing notes in class. I am going to have  to call your parents." 

"My parents are out of town." I quickly told her, since they wouldn't be home until nighttime. 

"So who are you staying with? You're too young to be alone while your parents are out of town." 

I cleched my teeth in anger. "I'm almost seventeen." 

"Yes, but you mentioned your parents were gone ealier this week and you're not allowed to be home alone that long until you're eighteen. Hmm...maybe I should notify the police..." 

"No, no, that won't be necessary." Fiona interrupted. 

"Yeah, I have a babysitter." I said, annoyed. 

"Oh, right. The principle mentioned that to me. Your parents listed him as an emergency contact," She turned to her computer and started typing things. "Tony, right?" 

"Right." 

Fiona slapped my arm. "Why didn't you tell me it was a guy? Is he cute?" 

"Yes, but you wouldn't like him, trust me."

I heard Ms. Wimm on the phone with him. "Yes, that's fine. -pause- Should I keep her here until then? -pause- Ok. -pause- Very well. -pause- Bye." She turned back to us. "He wants to come talk to me personally and he'll be here in a few minutes. He said you should just wait with me." 

I rolled my eyes. This was not happening. 

Ms. Wimm then called Fiona's mom, who didn't give two shits about note passing, but pretended like she did. Fiona was  free to go, whereas I had to stay and wait for stupid Tony. 

"Ms. Wimm? Can I go to the bathroom?" I asked, though I didn't need to go. 

"Yes, take a hall pass and come back quickly." 

I quickly walked out and ran to my locker where I was supposed to meet Ashton. I was really late and I knew he'd be pissed.

"There you are!" He pulled into a hug before stepping back a questioning me. "Where have you been? I was worried sick! I almost went to look for you but figured you would come here once you were done doing whatever you were doing. Which was?"