36.

Amora

April 6, 1965

"Look mom!" I started, excitedly holding up the papers in my hand.

"I finally got my drivers license! For the fifth time taking the test I didn't run over a mailbox this time!" I explained, clapping my hands as I applauded myself.

Benny cleared his throat making me throw my head back with a huff, rolling my eyes once realizing what he wanted me to add.

"Ok I actually only started to get it when Mr. Model started to teach me and.. I am 18 just getting it but.. I mean whatever!" I quickly explained, waving him away.

"And also" I continued, looking towards Benny with a smile.

"We both decided to go to the same college. University of Los Angeles baby! I really, really couldn't leave home and leave papa to make his afternoon tea by himself" I informed, cracking a small laugh as I explained.

January 14, 1969

"Ok so, Carrie and Yeah-yeah are getting married! Can you believe it oh I'm so so excited!" I stood in front of the photo smiling wide.

"Of course she's getting her sailor themed wedding, making us bridesmaids wear sailor hats with vails. I tried too change her mind but.. its her day so it's fine" I explained, waving it off with a huff.

"Bertram and Maddy have already gotten married like last year. Month of February. Ironic because of Valentine's.. cupid. You get? I certainly felt like a cupid when introducing them to each other" I laughed, shaking my head as I thought.

"She too, got her floral themed wedding. She wore such a gorgeous flowy type of dress that was perfect for the theme" I added, shaking my head with a stunned breathe as I recalled the day.

"Carrie and I cried like little babies at the ceremony. We were bridesmaids yes but we held onto each other as we watched the adorably clueless girl who we together adopted in sophomore year, finally get married to our other great best friend" I informed, smiling at the memory.

"And get this, William finally has a girlfriend. And oh my god is it also ironic. It's that Tillie girl, one of the waiters from grubs n'stuff" I continued, throwing my hands up crazily.

"But.. with all these weddings going on it's makes me wonder. When will Benny and I get married?" I thought, sighing as I leaned against the wall.

August 10, 1970

"You know mom.. and Pablo" I added, looking over towards the other framed photo that was now hung up.

"Today's my birthday, and the day you died. Today was always a pretty rough day ever since that happened, except for this one birthday" I started, slowly looking over towards Benny.

"This sucker, finally proposed!" I called, throwing my hands up with a huff.

"What- ok first I was really nervous you cannot blame me for putting it off!" He quickly defended, shaking his head at my statement.

"Yeah, ok" I snickered, shaking my head as I placed an arm over his shoulder.

"Took you long enough moron" I smiled, pulling him in closer as I rolled my eyes and pecked his lips.