3.

Amora

I lightly chewed onto my bottom lip as I kept my gaze on the plastic bowl in front of me, stirring around the chocolate batter that filled the container.

Slowly I set down the spatula onto a plate, lifting up the bowl and pouring the liquid into the now dough covered pie pan.

Kneeling down I slid the pan onto a rack and closed the oven. I stood back up, tilting my head slightly as I pushed what I think were the correct buttons. Hopefully.

I stepped away, leaning back against the table behind me as I thought of what too do next.

Suddenly then the phone rang making me slightly jump and whip my head over too see the table phone across from me.

I closed my eyes and let out a soft breathe once feeling my own breathe hitch from the jolt. I shook it off and walked over towards the table.

"Hello?" I questioned, placing the phone against my ear.

"Amora?" A familiar voice spoke.

I knitted my eyebrows together, trying to identify the familiar voice.

"Luis?" I hesitantly questioned.

"Yeah it's me. Uh...can-can you come over?" He asked, slightly stammering over his words.

My face twisted into even more confusion, carefully thinking over his request. "Uh...why?"

"Um I just..dad..dad died, yesterday" he stuttered.

Immediately my heart dropped, instantly feeling my entire body freeze and go numb.

"What?" I sharply asked.

"Can you just please come. I really.. really got to talk to you?" He pleaded, letting out soft sigh.

"Yeah, yeah..ok" I quickly nodded, feeling my voice begin to weaken with every word.

He didn't reply, cutting off the line, leaving complete silence as I slowly lowered the phone from my ear.

My hand slowly made its way to my mouth as my eyes were now wide. Shocked tears slowly falling down my cheek.

Instantly my head shot up once remembering Luis's request, making me quickly set the phone down and rush towards the oven to turn it off.

————

I walked up to the familiar front door, quickly wiping my eyes and cheek. I made sure to clear my throat before hesitantly knocking onto the door.

Moments later the door swung open, facing me with Luis who let out a breathe of relief once seeing me.

"Oh Luis" I frowned, walking up and quickly embracing him into a hug.

Immediately he wrapped his arms around me, letting out a light breathe as he dug his head onto my shoulder.

"What..what happened?" I softly asked.