30.

Amora

While I hummed to myself I walked into the house and set down the few bags onto the floor from my fresh visit of shopping.

I slid them away with my foot, running a hand through my hair as I made my way through the living room.

I was near entering the kitchen, when suddenly hearing a small, alien sounding noise erupt from behind me.

I paused, leaving my hand on the kitchen door and furrowed my eyebrows at the strange noise. It sounded.. almost to be like a cry?

Slowly I turned around. My eyes widened immediately at the sight of a small carrier basket that was sat on the couch, a pink blanket draped over it.

Quickly I turned back, bursting into the kitchen. Instantly I smiled once seeing the familiar woman who stood in the room.

"Rose!" I shrieked, throwing my hands up.

"Oh my Amora. I missed you!" Rose squealed, rushing over towards me.

We immediately embraced each other. Squeezing each other tightly as I closed my eyes, sighing in relief that I now can see her after her long, months absence.

"Oh my god, why didn't you tell me?" I exclaimed, abruptly pulling away with a gasp.

"I wanted too surprise you silly!" She replied, softly pushing at my arm.

"Well- I'm- what the hell, oh finally!" I breathed, pulling her into another hug.

I smiled, squeezing her tightly when suddenly remembering back to the baby making me quickly pull away.

"Oh my god- your baby!" I shrieked, my mouth falling with excitement.

"Oh my, yes come see her!" She smiled, quickly waving me too follow.

I followed her out of the kitchen, watching as she walked over to the carrier and pulled off the blanket to reveal the little baby that rested inside.

Immediately my mouth dropped at the adorable sight "oh my god.."

I walked over, placing my hands onto my knees as I leaned down to look at her better.
"Oh she is the cutest thing! She has your curly hair!"

Rose laughed with a nod as I continued to awe and gush over the little baby.

"Oh my god, how old is she? Oh and whats her name!" I questioned quickly, looking back up towards Rose.

"She will be.. six months in like 2 weeks. And her name is Layla" Rose replied, tilting her head as she thought.

"You want to hold her?" She added.

"Oh no.. yeah no thanks" I declined, lightly laughing as I shook my head.

I looked at Layla once more, sighing as I slowly stood back up and turned towards Rose. "So.. I'm guessing Dad's making you work even if it's your first day back?"

"Yup that's him, I brought Lay because Evan is back at work too so I was wondering if.. you could watch her for me?" She suggested, cracking a hopeful smile.