Chapter 26: The Fight!

Start from the beginning

"Ahh that felt good...I sorely needed that. Thank you Raka." As Lady Verina stood up and stretched her arms with a yawn. "And now it's time for a good nap!"

"......" Raka simply stared.

"Alright alright, jokes aside. Actually I couldn't think of a deserving reward for your help. So I decided to do this." Saying that Lady Verina took off a ring from her left hand and approached Raka.

'Eh! Ehhhhhhhhhhhh!'

"This is not an engagement, is it?!" Raka's throat had suddenly dried up like he was in a parched desert. He gulped loudly.

Lady Verina froze. She blushed and closed her eyes. And then started trembling. She waved her hands and Raka could not move anymore. No, he literally could not move. She had just done the same 'Bind' magic once done by Cynthia, but she had managed it without a word. And then,

(slap)(slap)(slap) "You" (slap)(slap)(slap) "are" (slap)(slap)(slap) "a" (slap)(slap)(slap) "Million" (slap)(slap)(slap) "YEARS" (slap)(slap)(slap) "TOO" (slap)(slap)(slap) "EARLY!! IDIOT!!" (slap)(slap)(slap)"

Not that Raka could say anything.

%

Swollen face! Your face has become swollen. Slight speech impediment for the next 3 minutes.

%

You have just suffered the effects of a violent action initiated by a person having high intimacy with you. Due to high intimacy and lack of ill intent, no loss of Life or other attributes will occur.

%

'Thanks for letting me know!' Raka thought wrily.

A bit later Lady Verina calmed down and undid her magic.

"Bi bem borry!" Raka started to speak.

"What?" and Lady Verina lifted her head and looked at Raka's face. Then she burst out laughing.

"Sorry sorry, did I do that? Well you deserved it, you know." Lady Verina said unabashedly.

"Hah" Raka said. Thankfully the duration was not long and soon his face started resembling his face again.

"I said I am sorry. But did you have to hit that hard?" Raka winced feeling his face returning to normal.

"Yes. Any less would not get through your thick skin. Anyways I am giving you this ring though I am in half a mind to not give it now." Lady Verina pouted.

"Thank you very much." Raka decided to take it before she could change her mind.

He looked at the ring. It shone in a shiny silvery light reflecting the white light of the lamps. It was plain looking but it had some kind of design etched on to the metal.

"Um...is it valuable?" Raka asked.

"Yes it is. But more than that, I think you will find it useful." Lady Verina replied.

"Eh. What's it do?" Raka was curious now.

"It is a low level magic ring. It can store energy temporarily."

"What?" Raka sounded as confused as he looked.

"Ah you wouldn't know. Just like I said, it is used to store energy. When you transform energy, don't you collect it first? And then you have to apply the magic. In your case it takes quite some time, doesn't it?"

Raka nodded.

"Well you can use this to store energy that you collect. Due to the nature of it's material, it can store that energy for quite a long time. And then when you want to do magic, you already have the collected energy to just transform."