3 - risky moves

"We definitely have to report this to the coast guard" Pope's words broke the silence fallen on the pogues, as they admired the keys like they would led to a secret treasure

"I indulge you just because we might have a reward," Samantha replied. The keys gained all her attention and interest, projecting her towards a new "adventure" that would keep their afternoon busy, but she was willing to abandon that prospective for a possible reward.

"Someone with a Grady-White must offer a great reward" JJ remarked.

"I think that we have to do it just because it's morally right, but if you have to be convinced with money, it's okay".

"Not everyone comes from the rich part here, Kie" John B suggested, earning a nasty look from Kiara. "Alright, let's go" he said, taking the drive of the boat.

"Do you think that it belongs to a kook?".

"Surely, Pope. I can't wait! Bigger the asshole, bigger the reward!" JJ exclaimed theatrically, spreading his arms towards the sky.

But a lost boat wasn't the only problem provoked by the hurricane: the coast guard was full of people, and a general chaos reigned. Some people were arguing, others were trying to get the guard's attention, others wandered around searching for any kind of help. The pogues proceeded with difficulty among that mass of people, without the slightest possibility to catch the attention of anyone. When the fifth - or the sixth? - person bumped into Samantha, she snorted. "Maybe we should go and return tomorrow".

"No way, I won't give up my reward" JJ shook his head.

"Our reward can wait" Samantha snorted.

"I have a better idea, that implies fun and a possible reward" John B intervened. He raised the hand with which he held the keys and shook them, making them jingled. A silent agreement meandered between them, as they exchanged knowing looks. A malicious smile spread across Samantha's face.

The tag on the keys took them to a motel, which was easily reached through the swamp. Samantha thought the owner of a Grady-White lodged in a luxuruous hotel, one of those in which the tourists stayed during summer. Instead, the structure in front of them was in terrible conditions and looked very ambiguous; plus, there was not a single living soul even remotely close to that place.

"I thought the Châtheau looked bad, but this...this is definitely worse" JJ murmured standing on the boat, as it approached slowly at the land.

"Doesn't look like a place somebody with a Grady-White stays" John B stated, giving voice to the thought that everyone was having at that moment.

"Rather looks like a place someone with a Grady-White would get killed" Pope continued. The excitement of a few minutes earlier had disappeared, but not for Samantha: the unexpected structure just made things more interesting.