Chapter 18

Prompt from Roseavia3: Y/n goes to talk to Loki again but before a famous Stark party. When she's there in a beautiful dress and make up he slips up and calls her stunning or something. 

A/N: hope you enjoy! Please keep sending prompts, I'm running out<3

...

When you wake up, it takes you a few seconds to remember where you are. Loki's room.

As memories from the previous night come flooding back you sit bolt upright. Loki isn't there, thank god. Embarrassment engulfs you; how could you have fallen asleep?

You swing your legs over the side of the bed, Loki's bed, and stand up before making your way across the room to the door. Listening intently, you can't hear anyone in the corridor, so you crack the door open and dart across the hallway into the room Tony had shown you last night.

Once inside you bury your head in your hands. What time is it? What day is it? A quick look at the clock on the wall tells you that it's nearly 10am, and you have to think for a second before remembering that it's a Friday.

You hope you weren't expected in work this morning. You're already almost an hour late.

Catching sight of yourself in the mirror you decide to make use of the shower before you head home. You can't leave looking like this.

One day later

You'd made it out of the Tower largely unnoticed, much to your relief. Nearly all of the rest of the day had been lost to sleep, and so today you were feeling much better and quite energetic.

Currently you're sat in your living room with all the windows wide open, music blaring, wearing old jeans and a sweater and repainting a cabinet lilac. You can't decide whether you like the colour or not.

You also can't decide whether to join the Avengers or not.

Not thinking about what Fury had proposed to you hadn't helped in the slightest, so you've decided to actually try and think about what you want to do. Or what you should do.

It's not going well.

On top of this you're still trying not to think about the fact that you've done your first mission back. It's as though it hasn't properly sunk in yet. You'd been expecting at least two panic attacks by now, neither of which has arrived. It's unnerving you slightly.

And you also can't believe that you told Loki about the origin of your powers. You don't tell any about that. It's your rule.

So to deal with all of this you'd slept for a day and now you're painting a cabinet, with the music turned up loud to block out your thoughts.

The music is so loud that you almost don't hear the doorbell. You have to open the door with your elbow; your hands are covered in paint.

Tony Stark is stood outside.

"Oh. Hello." you say, quite shocked. Tony doesn't quite match the vibe of the corridor outside your apartment.

"Hi. Can I come in?" he asks you.

"Yeah, sure. Sorry- I've got..." you say, holding your hands up to show him that they're paint splattered, along with he rest of you.

Once inside, you turn the music down and offer Tony a drink, which he declines. You throw an old towel on to one of your sofas so that you can sit down without getting it covered in paint.