"A lion?" Stiles questioned, "why the hell would you get a lion tattoo?"

"I thought it was cool." she shrugged, rolling her flannel sleeve back down.

"I thought it was your friend who suggested it, no?" the tattoo artist piped up, grabbing Stiles and Scott's attention again.

"What friend?" Scott spoke, "I swear— if you tell me Allison has some secret tattoo aswel-"

"Relax, I got it done with Jackson." she answered, kicking her legs over the arm of the leather seat, making herself at home as Stiles remained stood, and Scott sat down in the stool in front of the tattoo artist.

"Why did Jackson like the lion thing?" Stiles asked, genuinely intrigued.

"He said some sappy shit about me having the "spirit of a lioness" or something cheesy like that." Aspen sighed, using quotation marks with her hands over Jackson's words.

Then Stiles and Scott both laughed.

"What's so funny?" she smiled at the two boys, resting her head on her arms.

"Jackson Whittemore said you have the 'spirit of a lioness', that's frickin' hilarious." Stiles replied, fiddling with the ends of his grown-out brunette hair.

"Whatever." Aspen laughed, "he got one too."

The tattoo-artist was prepping his ink gun when he raised his eyebrows at the Carter girl's sentence, which she noticed instantly.

"What's with the face, dude?" she pressed, nothing how when she said Jackson got a tattoo too, he seemed surprised.

"Nothin." the man shrugged, but he appeared to be trying to hold back a laugh.

"Spit it out, man." Aspen replied.

"Your friend..." he chuckled, "he never got a tattoo."

Stiles and Scott failed in holding back their own laughter, as Aspen's jaw hit the ground with offence.

"You're kidding!" the Carter girl spoke to the tattooed man, but he shook his head. "Oh my God, that son of a bitch!"

"Okay, can we got on with my tattoo now?" Scott turned around in the stool to the brunette in the leather armchair.

"Knock yourself out."

Scott got out a piece of paper from his jacket pocket, handing it to the bearded man with his tattoo design he wanted.

"Boy, it's a good thing you drew me a picture..." said the man, earning a snort of laughter from the couple in the room.

"Hey, Scott!" Stiles said, picking up a design of a werewolf, "You sure you don't want something like this?"

Aspen looked up at the paper he was holding up, and laughed at Stiles' joke.

"...Too soon?" Stiles added when Scott didn't reply,
"I don't know, man. Are you sure about this? I mean, these things are pretty permanent, you know?"

"I'm not changing my mind." Scott said bluntly.

"Atta boy, Scotty." said Aspen.

"Stop encouraging this so much, you delinquent." Stiles looked to his girlfriend, wagging an accusing finger at her which only amused her more.
"Besides, why two bands?"

"I just like it." Scott shrugged.

"But don't you think your first tattoo should have some sort of meaning?" Stiles said to Scott. Then he coughed fakely, "aspen", coughed again.

"Mine totally has meaning, Stilinski!" she flipped him off playfully.

"Getting a tattoo means something." said Scott, rolling up his t-shirt sleeve.