CHAPTER FIVE

ELLIE

        Sleep last night refused to come. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't will myself to want to to fall asleep and forget the memories of yesterday. Instead, I spent the entire night pacing my cell, wondering whether I was making the right choices or not.

        I had seven different Alphas who had given me their support, who had promised me that they would fight with me when the appropriate time came to take down the Moon Shadow pack. One night here thoigh and I was already questioning what I had actually gotten myself in for.

        I knew they needed to pay and I wanted my revenge for the death of my entire family, but waging war against an entire pack probably wasn't the right way to actually go about it, not when innocent people were going to pay the price of someone else's mistake.

        Women and children would die. The blood of innocent men would be shed. Families would be destroyed. And I would have to live with that, I would have to live with the fact all those innocent deaths were on my conscience.

        Perhaps enlisting the help of seven different packs was a little extreme now that I think about it but, when I was captured by each of them and tortured, I was young and pissed off. I recruited the seventh Alpha, Alpha James of the Midnight pack, when I was twenty - I was a busy person and I wasted no time in seeking the revenge I wanted.

        Of the seven Alphas, James was definitely the most ruthless and once I told him of my plan to destory the Moon Shadow pack, he was only too happy to get himself involved with my plan. The plan was actually simple now that I think about it.

        The seven packs would surround the entire territory of Moon Shadow and I would, having gotten myself captured, given the order to attack when they were at their most vulnerable. The seven packs would then attack, killing anyone who stood in their path or dared to speak out against them. They would make their way towards the pack house where the seven Alphas, led by myself, would confront Jayson.

        We would demand that he relinquish all power thus becoming a rogue and leaving what remained of his pack in my power. I would then dissolve the pack, offering those who were still alive the chance to join one of the seven packs who had helped with the invasion. If they refused then they would become a rogue.

        There wasn't anything too difficult about the entire plan, apart from the nagging sensation I was getting in the back of my mind which was telling me I needed to call off the attack before it was too late. Or at least warn Jayson of what I had planned.

        I was reminded of where I was when I heard the sound of locks and doors. Today was just going to be another one of those times where I sat in a room for six hours while Jackson did his best to get answers out of me, answers I simply couldn't give him because I still didn't know what the hell I wanted.

        "How did you sleep?" Jackson's voice echoed down the hall.

        "I didn't," I muttered. I knew I was going to be irritable because I hadn't slept which was probably going to land me in the shit but, right now, I just didn't give a damn.

        "Answer our questions and you could be living in the pack house in a couple of days. Spending the night in a proper bed, in a proper room with proper food," Jackson laughed and I couldn't tell whether he was being serious or whether he was just joking around, but either way I wasn't in the mood for it.

        If I ever got out of here going rogue again was the only option. I had spent ten years fending for myself and I wasn't looking to jump back into a pack, not even for the sake of my mate.