Running

Making my way to class, I'm still a bit disoriented from the talk but at the end of the hall, I hear a loud commotion. My stomach sinks and I get a bad feeling. I run towards the crowd of people that had formed around what seemed like two people fighting and once there, I see Charlie bashing Aidan's skull against a locker, blood gushing down Aidain's face. "Charlie, stop it! Please!" I shout frantically. Upon hearing my voice, Charlie looks up at me and rushes to where I stood and wraps his arms around me, looking genuinely concerned. "I am so sorry I wasn't there for you that night. I don't know what I would've done if-if.." he turns his gaze towards Aidan unconscious on the floor, his face contorting in disgust. "I'm okay, Lee I promise" I say softly, taking his face in the palms of my hands to face me and he hugs me again.
"Mr. Lewis!", the headmaster yells, flanked by two security guards on either side of him. "My office. Now." I don't get time to process what happened because the headmaster sends me to class and I do so half-heartedly.

Since starting school at Wilmslow High, keeping up with my classes proved easier than expected. With all the school transfers I've had to bear with in my life, I've always found that reading the syllabus ahead to avoid any disruption proved to be a lot more convenient. No close friends meant no distractions which meant more time to read and study. And I payed attention in class as well. But today, when Mr. Morad droned on about the book we were reading this semester, I found myself anxiously staring at the wall clock, ticking away in slow agony, as if time itself had slowed down to mock me. Halfway through the class, Charlie enters and makes his way to his seat to pack his things. There's a low hum of confused murmurs amongst our classmates. On his way out he looks over to me and I, on instinct, stand up and follow him out, leaving Mr. Morad rubbing the stubble on his cheek in confusion, and calling out after me but by then we'd sprinted down the hall and made our way out the front doors of the school.