Chapter 3

I jogged upstairs and to my daughter room

I jogged upstairs and to my daughter room. She was drawing when I entered and looked up to me.

"Hey, sweetie." i knelt in front of her "Are you okay? I know what happened was scary and I'm sorry." I tucked a stray piece of hair back.

"Who was that man Mommy? Why did he make you mad?" she asked

"Well his name is Logan. I was mad because I didn't know him. I thought he was here to hurt us." I answer

"Is he?" i shook my head

"No, he's here to help us. He came back to warn us of something bad." I then went to sit on her little chair opposite her "Lizzie. Mommy, Daddy and Uncle Charles have to go on a little trip with Logan. And it's going to be, well it might be a little dangerous, which is why I need you to be safe. So I'm going to take you to Mrs Mooney."

"But she's weird, Mommy." I chuckle

"I know but she's one of us, she's a mutant so you can be free around her. And it won't be forever." I took off my necklace "Here, your Daddy gave this to me years ago, and it is something a cherish, apart from you. Can you keep it safe till I come back?" she nodded as I fixed it around her neck.

"Good girl, now I'm going to pack a bag for you." I kissed her head. I moved to grab one of her bags and packed some clothes and necessities. I then went into mine and Hank's room packing for us.

"Pippa what are you doing?" I hear Charles.

"What does it look like." I retort "I'm packing, Lizzie will stay with Martha." I state

"It will be dangerous, you could get yourself killed." I turn to face him

"You didn't see it, Charles. You are so blinded in your downward spiral, our future, Lizzie's future is nothing but death and darkness. 2% of the mutant population, that is all is left in his time. We're are all but extinct. I refuse to let that happen if I can stop it." I went back to what I was doing. He sighed.

"I can't change your mind can I?" he huffed

"No." I heard him come closer and then turn me back to face him. I saw the sadness and loss in his eyes. He was drowning in it.

"I can't loose you too Philippa, if I lost you, I might not survive." his voice broke stroking my hair back.

"You would have to...for me. For Lizzie and Hank because you are the only person I would trust them with." I whisper "Charles, Raven is in trouble. More trouble than's she's ever been and for all her faults I can't let it happen. Not when I have a chance to change it." he nodded and brought me into a hug.

------

"I help you get her." Charles stated as I stood next to him "Not for any of your future shite, but for her, for them." He turned his gaze towards me.

"Fair enough."

"But I'll tell you this. You don't know Erik. That man is a monster. A murderer. You think you can convince Raven to change, to come home. That's splendid. But what makes you think you can change him?" Charles wondered

"Because you and Erik sent me back here together." Logan replied. I walked into the study and lifted my self up higher to get to the plans of the pentagon, where Erik was being held."

"How do you have these?" Logan asked as I rolled them out.

"She was bored when Lizzie was an infant. She liked to procure things she shouldn't." Hank answered

"You make it sound like I don't love her. I adore her, it's just these two wouldn't let me do anything apart form rest so I had chance to hone my powers. Just..." I trial off pointing to the plans.

"The room they're holding him in was built during the second world war when there was a shortage of steel. So the foundation is pure concrete and sand. No metal." Hank explained

"He's being held a hundred floors beneath the most heavily guarded building on the planet." Charles continued

"Why is he in there?" Logan questioned making me snort in amusement

"He forgot to mention?" Charles chuckled as well.

"Of course he did, like he would say why he's in there, he's more vain that I remember." I commented

"JFK." Hank answered

"He killed..." Logan stopped short of finishing his sentence

"What else explains a bullet miraculously curving through the air?" Charles retorted "Erik's always had a way with guns."

"It is the most baffling thing he has ever done. And that is saying something." I added

"Are you sure you want to carry on with this?" Charles questions

"This is your plan, not mine." Logan retorted off handedly

"We don't have any resources to get us in." Hank stated

"Or out. It's just me, Hank and Pippa." Charles added and I knocked him

"I'm much more talented than you think, brother. I can knock out security cameras and be a welcomed distraction if need be." I smirk.

"No." Hank and Charles retorted.

"Party Poopers." I retort

"I know a guy. He'd be a young man now. Grew up outside of D.C" Logan chuckled "He could get into anywhere. I just don't know how we're going to find him."

"Well I'm guessing Cerebro is of the question." I sigh "So I guess I'm up." i moved to stand in front of him

"My power is not as...broad as Charles at his best. But I'm not that bad. I need you to picture the one your talking about, as young as you can remember him." I shrug my shoulders loosening up a bit.

"What are you going to do?"

"I'm going to read you again, but a specific memory. the earliest you have, then I'm going to meditate and find him. Air is everywhere and air is my friend. Hand please." he handed it over without another question.

"Remember. Remember him." I watched a memory played out and my head tilted slightly. i then stepped backhand walked away. I laid out in the garden my eye flickering to and through, faces on the many streets of D.C. and homes, my head was beginning to hurt but I found someone who matched. I headed inside where they were waiting

"Peter Maximoff, I found him, painkillers please." Hank jumped up grabbing some and a glass of water. "He's about 5 and half miles from here." Hank gave me the pills and water and I took them.

"I will change then."