"Bethany?" His raspy voice brought me out of my spell, but only momentarily. When I looked at him, I could feel the pity in his eyes as they looked into mine.

"Why are we here?" I asked again, somewhat repeating the question I had asked him earlier in the car.

"I told you... I wanted to show you the house." He's confused, and obviously, he doesn't recognize the house from the picture.

"This doesn't make any sense." I look back at the front doors and lean my head against the headrest. "There is no way you own this house, Harry. It's the house I grew up in."

Suddenly, everything starts to dawn on him. He's just as confused as I am, and now we are both sitting here, staring at the house in front of us. We were both silent, obviously trying to figure out ways this could be even happening in our heads, but neither of us were saying what we thought.

"Excuse me one minute." I got out of the car and leaned against the door behind me.

My fingers started to dial the only person I could call family that was still alive. It was like my fingers had mastered dialling him at lightening speed, and he was so used to me calling at random times, he knew how to answer just as quick.

"Bethany, what can I do for my beautiful granddaughter?" The old, raspy voice is enough to calm me down, but then I think of the matter at hand, and I feel myself snap.

"Grandpa, will you please explain to me what in the world is going on with Mom and Dad's house right now?" I try to talk to him politely, but even that doesn't help the tone in my voice.

There was silence, and I knew he was guilty of something.

"Grandpa, please. Just tell me what you did." I beg him, a small whine comes out at the end and I know I sound like the biggest brat on the planet. He was moving around a lot in the background, letting me know he was trying to get comfortable.

"I sold the house when they died."

Heartache.

"All of their things are in storage."

Heartbreak.

"It's time to move on, Bethany."

Cardiac Arrest.

"Why wouldn't you tell me something like that? That's big news to me! That's something that don't you think I should have been involved in?" I was upset, and I knew he felt bad. But I couldn't stop the yelling coming from my mouth.

"What else was I suppose to do? I talked to that boyfriend of yours and he had said you refused to ever go back there! What in the world would be the point of keeping a house when you didn't even use it!?" He was upset too, and I could feel heavier and heavier tension rising between us.

"You had no right to go behind my back on this." I spit at him.

"I had every right. People could use this house Bethany. It could mean something to them!"

"Oh like it didn't mean anything to me?" I ask sarcastically.

"How could it mean something if you wouldn't even go back to see it, even though you had the chance?"

I feel my finger pressing the 'end call' button before I can even talk myself out of it. He didn't deserve to be hung up on. But I didn't deserve to have been lied to like that. I didn't deserve for my own family to have secrets like that behind my back. This was my house, and all though my grandpa had control of it when he sold it, it still wasn't fair of him not to at least tell me. He at least owed that to me.