//Book 2// ~ Flashback To The Makings Of A Pretty Neat Trick

Start from the beginning

And despite both girls knowing they were forbidden to touch, at that moment, both surged forwards and wrapped the other in a tight hug. And for that moment, neither was in danger and neither was in harm

Supergirl leaves the room, wiping the tears in her eyes and leaving to go and talk with the others about the remainder of the plans

"You know what you're doing?" Marvin questions, stepping further into the room

"It's the only way to make sure Kara stays safe." Willow answers. "I have to fight Reign with my kryptonite bomb which...which will probably end up killing me."

"And if you die...hypothetically Base Ops' tracker in your blood will deactivate." Marvin tells her. "Since the tracker is in your heart, we can use the bomb in your blood to our advantage, have it go off. Once your heart stops beating, your tracker will deactivate. You'd be free from their tracking."

"Um...I'd also be dead." Willow points out

"Theoretically." Marvin says

"Dude, there's no theoretically." Willow scoffs. "Dead is dead."

"I'm not saying you die." Marvin says. "Your heart needs to stop just long enough for the tracker to think you're dead."

"You're not listening to me....I'd still be dead." Willow tells him

"And you're not listening to me." Marvin tells her. "You do not need to stay dead."

"You're making no sense." Willow tells him

"Do you remember our training a month ago?" Marvin asks. "We were working on illusions and energy transference."

"Yeah." Willow says

"Here are your options." Marvin tells her. "You create an illusion of yourself dying on the ground for show, for people and cameras to see. Then, you use your powers to create the illusion that you are dead, stopping your heart momentarily. I will secretly retrieve you and bring you back."

"I'm not confident in my illusions." Willow says

"Then energy transference is your next option." Marvin tells her. "Your kryptonite bomb goes off in your fight against Reign. You still create the show of you dying on the ground except you will really be on the ground this time--"

"Dude, if my kryptonite bomb goes off I probably will be really dying." Willow says. "It won't be a show."

"Then we will use it to our advantage." Marvin tells her. "After your bomb goes off before you die, you use your powers to transfer yourself into your green wisps and get you out of that location and over to me. Once that happens, you will, inevitably, die."

"Which sucks." Willow interjects

"But." Marvin continues. "I will bring you back to life and remove you from the area."

"This plan...it sounds tough." Willow tells him

"You are more than capable of handling it." Marvin tells her. "Remember: your powers are a form of mental magic. You're only as strong as you believe yourself to be. If you can believe that you can pull it off...you most likely will."

"Alright..." Willow whispers. "I'm in."

***

Reign has Supergirl in a chokehold, weakening her, before she screeches and blasts the other heroes backwards