But it seemed that you were perfectly fine with talking with Sasuke. Of course you were. Everyone was. Everyone always picked Sasuke over him. All the girls, all the adults, and now you. And it sent him into a jealous rage.

After a long couple of tantrums, he calmed himself. He knew he just had to be patient. At least, that's what Sasuke told him. And soon enough, you were calling him.

"Hi, Naruto. I'm sorry it took me so long to talk to you. And I'm sorry for being a jerk. I think I just didn't want to believe that you could be right. But now I'm starting to think you might be right." You told him.

"Thanks. I'm sorry too. I was being a jerk too, y'know." He replied.

"I do have something that can make it up to you though. I was wondering uh, if you wanted, I could sleepover tonigh-"

"Yes. When can you come over?" Naruto interrupted excitedly.

"Uh now, I guess. I just have to get my things together." You told him, giggling.

--

You stood at the door nervously, waiting patiently after ringing the bell. Suddenly, Kushina flung the door open, pulling you into your arms. "Oh, (y/n), it's been too long. I heard about what happened. I've been so worried."

You felt yourself begin to tear up from the motherly embrace. It wasn't because she was squeezing you so hard you couldn't breathe, or because of what she brought up, it was because it had been so long since you felt anything close to a mom hug you.

"I'm okay, thank you." You said between sniffles.

"Oh honey, let me know if you need anything, okay?" She wiped away your tears, holding you. "Naruto! (Y/n)'s here! Get down here now!"

The blonde sprinted down the stairs, scooping your up into his arms, lifting you into the air, and cradling you closely. "I missed you, (y/n)."

"I missed you too, Naruto." You would hug him back, but his arms were wrapped around yours, holding them tightly.

"Go upstairs you two. Have fun." Kushina chimed in, shooing you away.

--

For most of the sleepover, you and Naruto hung out, catching up on what you missed, and all the things you two wanted to talk about.

The next thing you knew, it was late at night, late enough for you to knock out. But Naruto wasn't asleep, no. He was wide awake.

"(Y/n), pssst, (y/n)!" He whispered, shaking you until your eyes fluttered, a groan escaping your lips. "(Y/n), you up?"

"I am now." You mumbled drowsily, looking over at him.

"There's something I wanted to do, but I forgot to tell you about it. It's a place, not far from here. I want to go." He told you, and you wondered how in the world he could have this much energy this late at night.

"Can't this wait?" You asked while he began to drag you out of the bed.

"Noooo, c'mon, it's just a few blocks away." So, you reluctantly let Naruto drag you all the way there.

He stopped at a playground, hopping the fence, pulling you along with him. Inside was the ordinary stuff, slides, monkey bars, swings. It was kind of cool, but what was so special about it?

"I used to go to this playground all the time when I was little. This is where I met Sasuke and Sakura." He explained, walking over to a tree where an old swing sat. "I was a bit of a troublemaker and had a hard time making friends. I used to always sit here and watch them, never really knowing what to say or how to introduce myself. I was sorta, shy."

"I find that hard to believe." You snickered.

"It's true, y'know! You just gotta see it to believe it!" He yelled, crossing his arms. It was a miracle he didn't wake anyone.

Still, you shushed him, telling him to lower his voice. "Wanna go over to the swing set?"

"Sure." You shrugged.

You both sat together, side by side on the swings. The moonlight glistened off your skin, reflecting it beautifully. And that's when Naruto knew, this was his moment.

"There's another reason why I brought you here, (y/n). I just wanted to tell you how beautiful you are, how kind and smart and- I don't want to lose you. You wouldn't leave me, would you?" He asked, desperation shining in his eyes.

"Of course not. Why do you think I would?" You retorted.

"I don't know, because you think I'm a loser, or you don't like me anymore?" That comment made you grab him by the cheeks, forcing him to look down at you.

"I'd never think that Naruto. You're my best friend. I love you."

"Can I kiss you?" The question caught you off guard, sending heat to your face. You didn't spend too much time thinking about it, nodding quietly.

He leaned over, moving his face closer to yours and pressing your lips against his. At first, it was sloppy, Naruto moving his mouth way too quickly as if he was excited. You managed to slow it down, kissing him passionately, letting him move at your speed, and finally syncing his lips with yours.

He tasted like ramen and toothpaste, which, to be honest, was kind of a nice mixture.

After a few more moments of complete bliss, you broke the kiss, parting your mouth from his. A small line of drool was between you two, and you managed to wipe it away, panting softly.

"You're a really good kisser." Naruto complimented.

"Thanks." You mumbled, looking up at his blue eyes for a brief moment, before looking down at your hands. "But seriously, I'm getting tired. Can we go back?"

"Alright, alright. C'mon, let's go." Naruto grinned, walking you back to his place, where you finally slept uninterrupted for the tears of the night.

(A/N: YESSS NARUTO KITH KITH TIMEEE

Thanks for reading! Don't forget to comment and vote!