052

real life !

real life !

It was the first day since everyone's arrival that Karl, Aspyn, and Alex had the house to themselves. Being around everyone was amazing, but Karl knew there was a certain topic they couldn't talk about without the threat of someone overhearing.

So when he woke up and realized it was just the three of them, him and Alex bursted into Aspyn's bedroom, startling the girl who had only woken up moments earlier. The crack between her curtains shined linearly, but it was bright enough for Karl to neglect the light switch on the wall.

The brunette practically jumped onto her mattress, his curls slightly bouncing at the contact. Aspyn rose a brow, having a gut feeling swirl in her chest after seeing the look in their eyes.

Alex was the first to speak up, bluntly commencing the conversation with the subject that he and Karl have been desperately wanting to talk about. "Soooo... how's your crush on George going?" He prompted, a combination of mischief and curiosity swirling in his eyes.

Aspyn rolled her eyes, her cheeks beginning to colour. She sighed and shrugged — she knew that the conversation would have come up eventually. "Nothing," she gave them a small smile, as if it was the opposite of what she really wanted to do. And in a way, it was. It wasn't that she wanted to completely ignore them — she acknowledged her feelings, but fear pushed away any thought of pursuing them.

Her friends looked shocked, and Karl rushed to grab her hand while he protested. "Asp, what?" They seemed to have anticipated every answer possible, but not that.

"What do you mean 'nothing'?" Alex added with a puzzled tone. He sat on the bed softly, and less abruptly than Karl did, and placed his hand over her shoulder. His eyebrows were pulled together in a questioning manner, clearly confused on her response.

Aspyn felt conflicted. "Nothing," she repeated, but refrained from adding onto the lack of response.

Karl frowned and gave her hand a squeeze. "Why? I mean— that's fine, I guess, but you.. it took so long for you to even admit that, and you're not going to do anything?"