Chapter 13

*Jay's POV*

"Alright buddy. Let's try to get up." Will was at my side and finally I was allowed to get out of bed.
"Does it hurt?" My brother asked and I shook my head despite the fact that it did hurt but I wanted to leave the hospital.
"Are you sure? It would be really unusual if it healed so quickly." Will raised an eyebrow.
I couldn't answer him but started shaking because the pain slowly started to overwhelm me.
"Alright that's it. Sit. Now." Will helped me back on the bed and I was breathing hard.
"Jay there is no need to hide pain from me. I'm a doctor. It's my job to help you with stuff like this." Will had one hand on my shoulder.
"I know man. I just want to get out of here. Back to work and all that." It bothered me when other people had to help me because it made me feel weak and I didn't want to feel that way.
"Jay I know that you want to. But it doesn't help anyone if you're just in pain." Will got called to another patient and left me alone.
I sat leaned over onto my right side with my hand a little over my left hip where the bullet hit me.
"Jay what's wrong?" Erin was standing in the door and walked towards me when she relaised that I was breathing heavily.
"Will was here like a few minutes ago and I tried to get up but it didn't really work quite the way I wanted it to." I hit the mattress with my fist because it bothered me to admit how weak I was.
"It's not even been a week since you got shot, you just have to be patient." Erin kissed my forehead and I calmed down a bit.
"C'mon lay back. You gotta rest." Erin sat down next to me after I layed down.
"How was your day?" I cocked my head so I could look at her properly.
"Good I guess. Got a girl from the academy as new partner and we worked with your unit together." I felt that it bothered Erin that she had to say 'your unit'.
"Er look at me." I placed a hand on her cheek and made her look at me.
"Sooner or later it's gonna be our unit again. Voight will find a way to get you back." She nodded when I said that.
"How about I join you on patrol as long as you have to stay there?" Erin looked up when I said that.
"Please don't. I know how much you love being in Intelligence." Erin smirked at me.
"But I love you more." By saying that I caught her off guard and she blushed a bit.
"Jay you really don't have to go on patrol for me." Erin seemed a bit overwhelmed by what I just told her.

*Erin's POV*

I wasn't expecting Jay to tell me that he loved me and I didn't know how to react.
Of course I had feelings for him but I didn't know if we should really try to go back to be how we were before I left.
I got up and walked over to the window so I could look outside and not at Jay.
"Erin." I didn't turn around till Jay said my name another time.
"I didn't mean to do this to you." I turned around and Jay was looking at me with an compassionate look.
"You didn't do anything." I turned back to the window and got scared a bit when someone put his arms around me.
"Jay. You're shaking." Jay had beads of sweat on his forehead and was trembling with the effort.
"I know." He pressed out between clenched teeth.
"Back to bed with you." I hooked one arm up to Jay and helped him back into bed.
"Jay?" I said after a while and he seemed like he was about to fall.
"Yeah." He opened one eye to look at me.
"I love you too." I leaned down and kissed him.
Jay fell asleep with a smile on his face.