II. - Junko's hand

The days in quarantine usually seem to merge together. This time however, there was a new star on the sky for me to look forward to every night.

We started communicating mostly through clairs (psychic abilities). I heard his voice as a thought that came in his tone, communicating with him through my head. We mostly talked in the evening, because in relaxed state it is much easier to use the clairs.

It was 10PM, I turned off my phone and got into the bed. I felt warm sensation on the side, so I shifted a bit to the edge, to make Nagito some space. Not that he would exactly need it, but it made the relationship feel a bit more... "normal." 

I grabbed his hand... His left hand with long red nails. His energy overall was so warm, however, the energy around this hand was freezing death. In that moment, something yelled in my hand "DEAD". I almost jumped due to it.

He rested his other hand on my head, to calm me down. Seems like he noticed what made me so nervous.
"Still can't believe you've done something like that," I started, mentioning Junko's arm he transplanted. "I mean... It must've hurt..."

"Haha, it's fine..." he made his casual face with eyes closed and smiling, but his brows pushed together as if he's defending himself, while being embarrassed.

"Not really... I mean. You're conflicted right? You don't even know if you hate her or love her. It's even worse for you, when you love hope so much."

I didn't receive answer. But at that moment the coldness from Junko's hand shot up my arm. I quickly pulled my hand away, it startled me quite a bit.

"Erm...sorry..." Nagito apologized, also pulling the hand away and covering it. That was not his energy for sure... It had to be hers. At first I thought all of the despair in him was pushed into the hand, as he tried to get rid of it. However, this could be nothing else than her energy.

I asked him about it a few days later.
"Why didn't you get rid of it, if you don't want it anymore? In the anime, you already had robotic forearm."

"Well haha... I'd like to but, well... She won't let me haha."
I knew it had to be her energy. Her despair filled the whole hand. But didn't she die? And how is she even able to prevent him from transplanting the arm again?

"Well her spirit remains in her whole body, in all the body parts. If someone else has some of her other parts, then her spirits staid in those too. So yep... She stays in the hand and while she's there, I can't really get rid of it. But let's not destroy this night full of hope by something so desperate haha!"

"Then... I'll look into banishment methods."
Banishment was a way to force spirits out. If I managed to banish her spirit, he could get rid of her hand, right?

Looks like it's time to look into more forceful ways than cleansing then.

◈ ━━━━━━━ ◆ ━━━━━━━ ◈