Dress shopping

Marinettes POV: 

I woke to the sound of rain hitting my window. I checked the clock,

8:00 am

crap... I thought, I have to be ready in an hour. 

All i wanted to do was shut my eyes and ignore my responsibilities i had for the day but when it came to Alya, i knew i needed to get ready before she drags me and gets me ready herself. 

I walked over to go and brush my teeth when i fell and tripped on my school bag, i caught myself with my elbows and a sudden pain rushed through my body. I probably just hit some really big nerve, but after a few seconds it subsided and the pain was unnoticeable. I looked back to see what it was that i tripped on. 

Ugh just my school bag....again....

I got up to go and put the bag away when i suddenly noticed the neon green sticky note in the side pocket of the bag.. Adrien...

Of course it was Adrien. This wasn't the first time i received one of his hidden messages. I got to the sticky note and unfolded it from its former position. I read his semi neat handwriting,

"803-554-4144 call me if you ever need anything  (next to it was a drawn out) 😘"

I snickered to myself, and crumbled the paper about to throw it away, as my hand hovered over the trashcan i thought to myself.. Whats the worst that could happen? I'll save it just in case. 

I saved his number under "A." I thought if we end up actually texting, I would rather people not grow suspicious of me talking to the popular flirt. 

And with that i was off to my morning routine. "And then you are just gonna take a small dab of this and rub it on your cheeks, like this" i stared at myself in the mirror pretending i was a person giving a tutorial on how to put on moisturizer, once i was finally done i went downstairs to see what smelled SO good. 

Of course, moms cooking. 

"Fresh bacon and pastries?" my mom asked. "Great combo mom can i have a jar of pickles while we're at it?" we both giggled to one another before a stern look on my mothers face appeared. "no but seriously Marinette...you better eat you know when Alya shops she doesn't stop." she said trying not to giggle at her playful rhyme. "well, you are right about that!" i grabbed a strip of bacon and a pastry and walked down the stairs. "thanks mom" i hollered back. "your welcome dear." 

As i went downstairs i saw my dad Tom in the back of the shop, kneading some new bread. This bread was made daily so i was used to his mess of flour and glazed over eyes. "love you papa, I'll see you later!" and with that i was off. I walked outside my door to see Alya in her car. It was a silver Honda civic. Not Alya at all, but until her birthday came around she was stuck driving the old family car. 

"Get in loser were going shopping".... Sorry i had to, anyways.....

"oh Marinette, always late.." alya sighed with a small smile, she was trying to act disappointed but i could tell she was just teasing. "I know right, she's such a bummer" I said pretending we were both bad mouthing a different Marinette. After we caught up and showed each other pictures of what we were going to look for, we were off. 

20 minutes later

"...yeah and then Nino asked me out". Alya finished up her story as we pulled into the mall parking lot. "tell me if you see a spot" i shook my head and looked intensely into what looked like a sea of cars with not one spot to be seen. But it was Friday? i thought to myself... why could everyone be at the mall on a random Friday?