"What exactly did I miss?" Harry avoids looking at me as he questions the group.

"Not much..." Niall mumbled under his breath.

"We went ghost hunting." Liam answers.

I nod, "Yeah, apparently the empty room down the hall is haunted. Niall said he's going ghost hunting and no one else really offered to go but I decided to tag along with him because life gets boring."

"No, you just pitied him." Zayn laughs.

Niall rolls his eyes, "I'm taking this." He reaches over the table and grabs Zayn's cake.

"Hey! Why the hell did you take my piece!" Zayn scowls.

"Please, your hand was glued to your phone this whole time, and not once did you pick up your fork." Niall snorted, taking a huge piece from the cake.

"You can have mine if you want," I offered, pushing the cake towards Zayn. He nods and takes it, finally placing his phone facing down on the table.

"Lost your appetite?" Harry says under his breath, a sarcastic smile on his face.

"I tend to lose it when my mood gets ruined," I say lowly to him, making sure the rest of the group doesn't hear. I didn't want them to think my mood is slightly down because of the conversation Harry and I was about to have.

Harry was sitting beside me, his seat not too close with me but close enough where we can share words discreetly with each other. Bea and the boys were more further down the island counter, too busy talking about Niall and his weird ghost stories.

A smirk forms on Harry's face, but it's not the signature one he tends to always have. It was more like he was pissed off, not too angry nor aggressive but just annoyed.

"You're the one with many skeletons in the closet."

I raise a brow, "What?"

Harry turns fully in his seat to face me, "Skeletons in the closet." My mind drifts to when I first heard that phrase.

"I-I didn't. That's not fair! You were just talking about hiding dead bodies and all I do for a living is watch crime shows!" I hissed, making Harry chuckle.

"I think you have more skeletons in your closet Elena than anyone else in this building."

I cocked my brows, "What do you mean?"

"You pretend to be part of us but it's obvious your hiding something. I'll figure it out though..." Harry drifts off, making it hard to tell whether or not he's joking.

Harry looks over at me, reading me for a bit as I sit there, trying to read him back. He reaches over to one of the unused candles, before turning it over to me.

"I think we should get your hand cleaned." Harry bluntly says before gently grabbing my wrist, pulling me from my chair.

"Wait, w-"I don't even have time to protest because by the time my mind registers what he's doing, we were both already out of our seats.

Bea shot me a weird look, but I tried giving her a reassuring one which made her nod understanding that things are fine.

Before I know it, both of us are in a different room. No sound other than the muffled sounds coming through the shut door of the group laughing and chatting.

"Lighter please." His voice comes out low, and with the atmosphere of silence and just us, goosebumps raised on my skin. I quickly oblige and pull out the lighter from my chest, blindly touching his arm and trailing it down to his hand.