Why is dark spelled with a 'k' and not a 'c'

H.

"Please sign here." The delivery man says. He smelled like cigarettes and cheap perfume and I held my breath as I scurried to sign the device that confirmed I received my package. I hand it back to him. "Have a nice day."

"Likewise," I nod. "Have a shower once in a while too." I mutter the last part under my breath as he walked away carelessly. I bent down and grabbed the box off the floor and made my way towards the room. The playroom was under construction, I had a wall torn down to elongate the room about two months ago and just last night it was finished. It was the weekend and I had been working on it all day.

I had refrained from sex all together, longer than I usually ever do. I saw Beau about two weeks ago when she interviewed me, we hadn't been able to meet up as I wanted to because when she was off I had meetings and when I was off, she had work.

We'd call, text and FaceTime and I realized she's the first person I have called a friend in the years I've been alive. Well, I suppose I had friends when I was younger, I was best friends with Matthew when I was in primary. Shit knows what happened to him. Hope he's doing good. The new mattress had came in, I contemplated on a water bed but I figured it wasn't my taste at all. I didn't need the bed moving on it's own when I should be doing all the moving.

California King it was.

Music soothed me, especially when I worked in the playroom wether I was remodeling or I was replacing a headboard that had broken by hitting the wall so much, Fleetwood Mac was my go to. I hummed along to Rhiannon as I opened the box, inside a sex swing. The way people came up with different ways to have sex was astonishing, like you could never get enough of having sex one way so you have come up with different positions, techniques, toys. I wasn't one to complain though, I liked to know the person I was fucking was getting enough pleasure as I was. Sometimes I wouldn't cum just to make sure the woman was pleased enough.

I feel my phone vibrate in the pocket of my sweats and when I dig for it, the screen light up and Beau's name was there.

BEAU
What you up to? :)

I chuckle at her childish text.

I snap a quick photo of the various sex toys and furniture before me and send it along with a text.

HARRY
Working from home, what are you up to?

I wasn't sure if Beau and I would ever be intimate again, surely I wish that is so. We haven't exactly talked about it, it always gets forgotten between our texting, her stupid jokes and talks about work.

BEAU
I've got a joke lol

Speak of the fucking devil.

I groan as I stare at the bubbles popping back up, meaning she was texting.

BEAU
Why is dark spelled with a 'k' and not a 'c'

I swear she was a walking disaster. I sigh as I type back.

HARRY
Why?

I watch as her typing bubbles appear, disappear and reappear meaning she was probably laughing at her own joke while she typed it.

BEAU
Because you can't c in the dark ahahha

It was physically impossible how much I wanted to roll my eyes and it was annoying me that she couldn't see that she annoyed me with her dad jokes. It made me chuckle as I realized how much she was probably laughing right now.

HARRY
Can I get back to work or do you have more?

BEAU
I'll annoy you later, I'm in the conference room, someone plagiarized some other company's magazine article and now we're stuck in here until night time :/

HARRY
I'm sorry about that, Beau. Want me to pass by and drop off some food? Have you eaten?

BEAU
I am starving, but as much as I would like that none of us are allowed to leave the room. Thank you though!

I decide not to bother her any longer as I shut my phone off and get back to what I was doing. I can't imagine how stressful it is for Beau to be in something like this, but at least it was keeping her occupied. And away from me. I swear she was like a drug. I know I needed to move on and I was trying to, but nobody ever seemed to catch my attention as much as she did. When I'm able to talk or see her again I will bring it up.

After I choose a spot in the middle of the roof where I want the sex swing to hang from, I begin to drill a hole in the roof before I push the hook in and screw it on tight, do a few test pulls to where I'm sure it's good and put the sex swing up. It was away from everything, nobody would hit anything, it was perfectly to my height and ready to be used. As I stared at it, I couldn't help but picture Beau wrapped in it. Her legs were spread open to face me, her hands were holding onto the handles and her head was thrown back as she giggled, swinging a little. Her full tits were perky and when she looked up at me with those light blue eyes, I felt my pants tighten.

I've got to finish this fucking room, I don't think I can handle another week with no sex.

I grab everything out of the boxes and put it where it belongs, sex toys in the drawer, whips in the closet, blindfolds and restraints next to sex toys. As I'm putting everything away, I stop by a box. I'm hesitant to open it because I know exactly what it is. I bite the inside of my cheek and pick it up, deciding it will take its permanent place in the attic but when I stop and hesitate, I push it under the bed instead.

"Just because I have it doesn't mean I'm going to use it." I lie. I finish cleaning up in here that by the time I'm done, it's around ten at night.

#HEAU is my fucking brand.