Chapter 3: They Found Us

The trek through the swampy grounds was exhausting and it was also a bit of a hassle. Try trudging through muck and swap water while carrying a backpack on your shoulders that feels like 20 pounds. Obviously Rey was used to this since she practically lugged around heavy metals on Jakku through the deserts. Alix however was struggling behind. 

"I thought we were walking out from the Falcon and then I would set up camp by those swampy waters and you'd just leave me," she said.

"Do you honestly think that I'm going to leave you in those creature infested waters?" Rey said.

"Wait, what?! I thought you said that this planet was uninhabited by anything else."

"Well you didn't let me finish, I was going to say that the First Order hasn't inhabited the planet but there will be some creatures on this planet that could be dangerous."

"Is it too late to change my mind?" Alix asked.

"Nope."

They continued their walk along the forest swamps, the mist got heavier and the steaming heat seemed to make things even hotter. If Chewie were out here he wouldn't even survive for a minute, not with his fur covered body. Alix had to put her hair up into a ponytail since she was already sweating, she could feel her skin became very moist. 

"Are we done walking yet?" Alix whined.

"No, were almost there."

"Ugh! How much farther!" 

"We're here. Now stop complaining you are not six years old anymore." Alix looked out and surprisingly they weren't in the wet and marshy swamps anymore now they were in open grounds with just lots of mist surrounding the entire place but in short time the mist cleared away to reveal large open space. 

"This is where I'm staying? On open grounds?" Alix said.

"Do you want to live in the swamp marshes?"

"Fine," she sighed. She dropped the backpack from her back and the first thing she did was crack her back before it broke. They began dropping everything on the ground until Alix suddenly felt lightheaded and a bit groggy. "Did we bring any water?"

"We had water," Rey opened a cantine and nothing came out. "But this place is so hot that it dried up on us."

"I'm going to go look for a stream and gather more I'm thirsty, hot and I feel,Ike I'm going to die here." She grabbed the cantine from Rey and began walking through the swamps again looking for a nearby stream. The walk wasn't that long because soon after she heard crashing water and came upon a small water fall. She jumped down from the cliffs and began filling up the cantine when she heard something not too far off.

She wrapped the cantine over her shoulder and walked deeper into the woods to see where the noise was coming from. As she trekked deeper she hid by one of the rooted out trees and tried looking around for whatever was making the sound. The sound however brought her back to the Falcon, she watched from a distance and saw something white and moving. She walked closer to it and saw that it was clinging onto the Falcon. 

"Shit, not this again," she whispered. She pulled out her blaster and in one quick shot the creature squealed and fell onto the ground. "Thank goodness it was only one." She walked out from the trees and walked over to the white creature.

"Stupid mynocks." Chewie came out from the Falcon growling and asking what had just happened.

"There was a mynock on the ship, so I blasted it off."

"Arrgghhh! Urrggh!"

"I didn't hit the ship! What did you want me to do wait for it to suck all of our power and then you guys float aimlessly in space?"