Chapter 1

"You will never catch me!" Pippin shouted as he ran down the grassy hills of the Shire. "Oh yes I will, when you get tired of running around!" Piper screamed back at him and tried to run faster. Pippin did it again. He ate Piper's breakfast. She would've easily just gone back to her own new kitchen and make a new one for herself. But she didn't, and she also had a very good reason for that. Pippin was one of her dearest friends, and she would never miss a running competition with him, specifically not at seven o'clock in the morning. It was the best time to run around the Shire. Everyone was being so busy with their own business, and dragging along heavy packages of food. It was the fair day.

Piper still chase Pippin. She zigzaged and jumped, dodged and at the same time she stole five apples for her and Pippin, cause they would be tired when they would finally stop running. She ran out of the fair-area, and looked around to see where Pippin had ran.

Suddenly she felt someone strong and familiar lifting her up in the air, and then carrying her upside down on top of his left shoulder. She could've regonized Pippin's arms anywhere. They had been friends since they were babies, and they were now fifteen years old. Well, Pippin was sixteen, but he acted like a five year old. "Put me down!" She shouted. "Nope." Pippin said popping the p. He carried her up to a hill, and when he was walking up Piper did her best to annoy him. She was constantly slapping his bum and yelling "fasteeeerr!" And greeting everyone happily. She politely said "Good morning Mrs Took! Lovely weather today!" And Mrs Took just stared at her and Pippin mouth opened. "Sorry, I would've love to talk with you but I can't control my feet right now! Bye!" Pippin laughed at her silliness and when they were on top of the hill, he put her down.

First thing Piper did was pinching Pippins cheek. "Ow! Why would you do that?" He asked looking at her with his blue eyes.

"Oh think about it, you know exactly why." Piper replied sassily. As they sat on the green grass in a shadow of a large tree, she saw three other familiar hobbits running to them.

"Oh yeah sorry, I missed my breakfast and just kind of took yours." Pippin apologized, but still smiled widely all the time. "It tasted good, I tell ya." He said smiling even more.

Piper tried to stare at him with a serious face, but it was impossible. She bursted out a big giggle, what then fastly transformed into an enormous laugh. She laughed and laughed.

While she was laughing Frodo, Sam and Merry had arrived to them. They all smiled as they looked at her, laughing at the grass. "What happened to her?" Frodo asked as they sat down and just stared at her laughing. "Oh, she laughs because our plan worked." Pippin said high-fiving the others. Piper stopped laughing. She gave a dead serious glare at all of them at once. "You planned to steal my breakfast?!" She stood up and tried her best to look scary. Apparently she succeeded, because the boys in front of her were now quiet. The next thing happened so fast that no one of the boys hadn't even notice it at first. Piper slapped them all to their right cheeks, leaving a little red mark on their skin. They were rubbinng their cheeks. Piper hadn't hit them hard, just a little slap to "wake them up". Then she turned her back at them, and took one of those red, fresh apples she had stolen earlier out of her bag. She bit it. She tried to eat as loudly as she could, just to annoy them. She felt a tiny tap on her right shoulder, just under her ear. She turned around to see Sam saying:"Sorry Piper." Then the others came running behind him, throwing flowers to fall upon her. She smiled and said happily:"Apology accepted! Gosh I hate you all, come here." She said as she saw Frodo, Sam, Merry and Pippin staring hungrily at her apple. Piper took four more apples out of her bag and handed them to the boys. "They're Mister Burrows' s apples, so basically the best ones there is." They gladly took the apples, and Piper sat between Merry and Frodo. "Hey Pippin, where's Piper's breakfast? We agreed to share it."Merry asked. "Oh, I ate it." Pippin said casually as he continued to eat his apple. They laughed at him, and then decided to walk to Piper's new home. She had moved to her first own hobbit hole yeasterday, and she lived there alone. Whilst walking, they just casually talked to eachother. "You know what Piper? I like the thing that you wear pants, not a skirt." Frodo said to her. "Me too!" Merry said happily. "Why's that? You don't like girls who wear skirts or what? Well, if you don't then you better learn to like skirts also because I am the only girl in the Shire that wears pants all the time." Piper replied.

"Nooo no, it's not that I wouldn't like skirts, I think they're pretty (he blushed a bit) but if you wore a skirt, you wouldn't be able to run and jump around with us. And I also like your bag because you always have food in it." Frodo explained. They all laughed at Frodo's obsession with food.

●●●

They arrived at Piper's home, and went in. It was a hot summer morning, so all windows were open. She also had a small garden in front of the house, and white cute fences with a gate. She left the door open also. They went straight to her kitchen, looking for something to eat. "We just ate boys, now get out of my kitchen and go to your room." Piper said. " What about secondbreakfast- ooohh wait a minute, did you say go to your room?" Frodo asked looking confused. "Yes, well, actually I have a room for you guys. It's right here." She answered and guided them all to a big room that had one big window in it, and two bunk beds. There was also a soft carpet and right between the beds, there was a hole in the wall. "What's that supposed to be?" Sam asked. "The best part. Wait here." Piper answered, and ran to her own room. She took off the wooden plate that was blocking the hole. They saw eachother through the hole. "Hello again! " Piper chirped happily. "This hole leads to my bedroom, and if you're staying the night we can talk through this. I have a plate to cover it when I'm changing clothes so don't worry." She explained."How cool is that?" "Sick." The boys said. Piper laughed, and before closing the hole she told the boys to wait for five minutes.

She walked to her wardobe and opened it. She choose to wear khaki shorts with dark blue suspenders, they were really good for running and jumping around and that's what she loved. With them she choose to wear a white button-up collar t-shirt. She put her dirty blonde,curly shoulder lenght hair to a ponytail and grabbed her old brown leather bag.

She took the plate off from the hole and yelled:"Oi you peasants! Last one outside is a rat!"