Chapter One: Be Fearless

                    I’m a chill guy, really. I try to mind my own business. I try to be friends with everyone. I’m sweet and adorable and my voice is pretty sexy—if I do say so myself. All of these things make me someone that tends to get along with everyone. I mean, who can say no to my brown puppy dog eyes and little dimples when I pout? No one. Exactly.

                    Most people like to categorize me as a “pretty boy.” I’m quite short for a seventeen year old boy, only five foot six inches, and I have more feminine curves than bulky muscle. My face is pudgy in the cheeks, with high cheekbones and large brown eyes that I tend to use to my advantage. Even my hair is referred to as “girly.” It’s curly and a golden brown that is long enough to curl around my ears and down the nape of my neck.

                    So sure, I guess my looks can be considered adorable and help me with getting alone with everyone. Just like no likes to say no and yell at a little girl in a Minnie mouse dress, they don’t want to say no and yell at the small feminine boy that looks too weak to throw a punch.

                    And, while it may be wrong, I do use that fact to my advantage. It’s not my fault I’m incredibly good at getting what I want. Technically, I could just blame my mom. She looks just like me, so…it’s just her problem, not mine.

                    So, while knowing all of this knowledge, you can see why it was weird when I was suddenly grabbed around the neck and shoved into a locker. I was lost in thought, just strutting down the hall after school had ended, thinking about the usual—why they couldn’t at least try to beautify the school a little more by spray painting it a color other than gray—when I was attacked!

                    I didn’t hurt anyone. Sure, I have a bit of a mouth. Okay…maybe a huge mouth, but that doesn’t mean I use it whenever I feel like it! If you want to piss me off then yeah, I’m going to blow up at you like a tiny chihuahua with a loud bark. But I thought I was nice to everyone today!

                    I hung out with Carrie Bear, attempted to listen to boring lectures, and I even tried during basketball today. That may be because I was currently failing gym class, but those are unnecessary details. What is necessary to know is that I was nice today. Like, COMPLETELY nice. So who the hell feels the need to hurt a poor cute boy during his walk home?!

                    Declan “Ass-Clown” Mallory.

                    Oh yeah, that’s definitely his real middle name too.  

                    That guy has had it out for me since forever and I have no idea why. And the sad part is that he is so gosh darn cute! Every time I see him all I want to do is squish his baby cheeks together and kiss his pink fishy lips. But because he’s all evil and stuff, I can’t. It wouldn’t end well if I kissed the devil- incarnate because…well…he’s the devil-incarnate. It’s pretty self-explanatory. Can you imagine what our kids would be like?

                    With warm long hands still wrapped around my neck and holding me to the lockers, I turn my head and look at one of the world’s future criminals. Damn him and his beautiful face! He’s got short light brown hair that falls over his forehead to partially hide his hazel eyes that are more green than brown and a splash of freckles right across his nose and under his eyes. He’s maybe an inch or two taller than me and is that lean-yet-muscly type of guy since he plays football. Now me, I’m more of a choir geek. But who am I to judge a guy who likes to run around sweaty in tight pants?