Last day

-Elizabeth's POV-

"Diane?" I asked as she picked up.

"Elizabeth? You aren't here today either!" She nearly yelled in the phone. With a small sigh, I said "I have morning sickness. Meliodas thinks I am sick and don't want me to go out."

"Elizabeth, he controls you! It was like a year ago we hung out together last! When is he actually letting you out unless you are going to work! He obviously uses the morning sickness for a reason to not let you out!"

"Diane, please stop it. I like spending time with him, but-" I cut myself off, making her ask "But?"

"I kinda did a test on him. I tried to talk back, but he just got me to agree in the end. He was just so sweet though. I don't know what to think anymore." I explained. It was quiet a while before she spoke "It sounds like he is controlling you, but putting on a facade to not make you suspicious."

"Are you sure? I don't want to leave him if it isn't true." I stated. She sighed and asked "Okay, how did you your test?"

With that, I started explaining everything for her. In the end, she just said "He is definitely controlling you Elizabeth. Leave him. You can crush at my place until you have found a new apartment if you want."

"But what about the child? I just can't let my child grow up without a father. It isn't right." I replied, putting a hand on my stomach. She sighed with a "I think it would rather have no dad then a dad that orders them around all the time."

"Maybe you're right. I will talk to Meliodas and if he doesn't change, I come to you." I said. With a bit more happier tone, she said "Just come by whenever. You know where the key is."

"Bye." I said, getting one in return. Then I started waiting for Meliodas to come home. After a hour or so, he finally came. So I went to greet him at the door.

"Welcome back Meliodas." I said. He smiled at me with a "Thanks Elizabeth."

After leaving her shoes and jacket at the entrance, he took his shopping bag and we left for the kitchen.

"I will take care of this. Just sit down and rest." He said while starting to put everything he bought away. I just sat down and watched him, thinking just one thing... he looks handsome.

It made me giggle as soon as I thought what will happen if he would get to know that I thought that he was handsome. It made Meliodas look back at me and asked "What's so funny?"

"Just thought about you." I said. He smiled and went up behind me, then he out his arms around my neck so that they hung around it.

"I love you." He whispered and I just couldn't help my smile. My arms found it's way to his and we were there some minutes until Meliodas broke it.

That's when I noticed something at his pocket.

"What's in your pocket?" I asked. He looked at me and said "It's nothing, just... something I hold onto to a friend."

I nodded as he placed a small bowl with berries and fruit in front of me.

"What's this?" I asked. He sighed and said "I know you asked for chocolate, but you eat too much of it and it isn't healthy. I bought this like an replacement."

"But I asked for chocolate." I said while pushing the bowl away. He pushed it back to me as saying "Eating a 200 g chocolate cake every day is really bad Elizabeth. You get to eat this instead."

I looked at him seriously as he looked back. After some minutes of glaring at each other, I said "Fine." as taking the bowl with berries. It's not like I don't like it, but I'm craving for chocolate.

I should talk to him soon about the controlling thing, but I'm a bit nervous. What if he would just deny it? What am I gonna do then? Just break up with him?

"Meliodas?" I asked. He looked at me with a small smile and nodded.

"Can I talk to you later? A bit more seriously?" I asked. He looked confused as nodding.

"Sure, but is it something bad?" He asked. I nodded and answered "Kind of..."

"You know I will be there for you, no matter what, right?" He asked, creating a new smile on my face. The day slowly passed by. We was eating dinner when Meliodas said "Try this."

He held up an new ale he had bought at the shop. Shaking my head, I said "Sorry, but I don't want to."

"It's not like it's the first time you have had alcohol. Come on, give it a shoot. It's the best I ever tasted." He said. Pushing it away a bit, I replied "I can't."

"Come on. It's called Vanya ale. It's amazing!"

"No Meliodas, I don't want to." I responded a bit more harshly. He just asked "What have gotten into you lately? You have been all moody, eating chocolate all the time, eating more food and doesn't even want to do things with me."

That made me snap and say "Well, maybe it's because I'm pregnant!"

He looked stunned for a second before saying "But we use protec-"

"It didn't work or something! I don't know! I figured it out some weeks ago!" I nearly yelled. He just sat down, all quiet and looked down.

"Was that what you wanted to talk about?" He asked after about 5 minutes of silence. I just yelled "No! It wasn't! I wanted to talk about you! You have been so controlling of me lately! I'm always home and you always makes me do things I don't want to!"

That made him look up at me, asking "Controlling? Come on, when have I actually been controlling?"

"Like the sushi! The nightgown! Or the horror movie!You didn't even stay up and comfort me after I couldn't go to sleep! I can't take this anymore! I'm breaking up with you!" I yelled and stormed out of there before he even was able to get out of the chair. Crying the whole way to Diane.