t w e n t y s i x

Start from the beginning

"So you're still going to be fastidious- what?" It took a while for him to actually comprehend the words that had been released by your lips. "I can't be a picky bitch when I have all the odds against me," you pushed his hands from your shoulders before giving him a little grin. "Now that we have reached an agreement, stop behaving like a human and return to being a pillow."

"I can't believe you," Jiryu rolled his eyes at you but still complied with your demand. 

Jiryu's eyes were now focused on the clouds, with his dyed blue hair going along with the direction of the wind. He had thought back to the recent dialogues you two exchanged. He had exclaimed his suggestion out of his fear of that scoundrel being taken by you when it should've been him. He was yours the moment he saw you fighting back against a certain bitch, actually, he had been long ago and had only realized it during that instance.

With his lids now draping over his orbs, his mind had been filled with a single thought.

'A pillow, your fiancee, your husband. I'll be all that if it means that I'll get to be yours.' 
.
.

Now that things were slowly coming into place, your worries were now a bit lessened. You were still pondering as to why Takuma had been absent the whole day since you hadn't caught even a silhouette of his hair, but just disregarded it to him being called by his boss or something. It's not like you were already attached to him for you to feel as if the gods had forsaken you, but you did, kind of, miss his pesterings. Kane wasn't here as well so the two people that you interact with the most were gone and you somehow felt like a wallflower of some sort. 

School, like always, was uneventful and you had excused yourself from your Music class because of the migraine that had suddenly struck you without even a warning. Kozan had volunteered to accompany you to the clinic, but you couldn't entrust yourself to him knowing the kind of person he is. Out of all the main characters in the novel, he was the only one whom you hadn't talked with the most or hadn't given the permission to enter your circle. Life would've prob'ly been a lot easier for you had you maintained this form of relationship with all the other casts, but still, you were grateful that at least one had been excluded from your life.

Bumping your fists on the door of the infirmary, you were met with no response. Twisting the knob and opening it, you welcomed yourself to the room and had scoured through the cabinets to try and find if a heating pad was available for you to put on the back of your neck to alleviate the pain that you were suffering from.

Sadly, none was there.

You profaned in impediment because the pain was growing worse by the minute, and grasping that the only thing you could do was to dream it away, you headed for one of the beds when a knock had interrupted you. "...Is anyone there?" Enki?

"Come in. Nurse's out." You proceeded to walk to one of the beds and sat on it whilst massaging your temples, only to stop when you saw what kind of state he was in. "What happened to you?" You stood up with haste even if your bum had just met with the plushness of the mattress, cringing at how the ache in your head had seemed to increased but paid no mind to it.

You sauntered closer to where Enki was standing and heeded the shocked and apprehensive look on his face, like he was abashed of you seeing him in his worst state. Debating on whether you should continue what you were about to do next because it might cause him to feel hopeful. But... He was your friend before this extended shitshow had occurred and it wouldn't be right for you to not treat him as one. You wouldn't say the word directly at his face anymore, though, due to the fact that it might aggravate him like before. You weren't ready to deal with another outburst even moreso with this headache that was prompting you to bash your head on the wall just to make it go away.

You cupped his cheeks and examined the bruises that littered his cheeks and the large cut that was on his lip. His neck was covered in bandages, along with his arms. He had the appearance of a mummy and... it felt like nail clippers were pinching your heart with how much it had hurt to see someone whom you hold dearly be in a state like this.

"Please... don't look at me," he had shied away from your gaze and while you had wanted to envelop him within your arms like what you did a long time ago, it might hurt him more considering the wide array of bruises. cuts, and of the likes that he had on his body. What kind of person would do something like this?! No, scratch that. That wasn't a person anymore. A demon would be a more fitting name.

"Come. You were about to change your bandages, no? Let me help you." If talking about this stuff would make him uncomfortable, then as much as possible, you would like to stray from it. Thankfully, he had followed you without a meek as you held him by his hand and made him sit on one of the beds available.

You ignored the throbbing of your head and had focused on tending to Enki first after you had gotten hold of the kit because, after all, he was in a much worse condition than you were. You had unwrapped the bandages on his neck first before trying to hide your grimace from seeing all of them up close. Trying to stay strong, you patted yourself on the back for not being too much abrasive since once in a while, you would peep at Enki to gauge his reaction. He didn't look hurt at all and rather... he seemed too elated? 

"Thank you for helping me, Y/n..." You just shook your head at him before ruffling his ginger locks. "Anytime," you promised to yourself not to prod but...

"Mind telling me who did this to you?" Asking him what had happened might end up provoking those hideous memories to come forth in his brain and if it was highly likely, you would like to prevent that. That was your mistake when he had entered and you wouldn't repeat it ever again.

Enki hesitated, the skin between his brows were all scrunched up and to an outsider's perspective, he looked quite pitiful...

.
.

A result in which he was exhilarated to achieve. Ah, he was supposed to show all of this to you later on but since luck was on his side, why not make good use of it? You two were also alone in this room with no one supervising the both of you and it felt like he was being too fortunate that he felt a little cautious because things might go downhill later on but he preferred worrying about them later on when that time had arrived.

The doting you gave him and the fondness in your eyes as you gazed at him... If he knew that injuring himself would get you to place all of your attention on him like this, then he would've done this ages ago!

Things were turning so fine...

"It was... It was my mother."

...So fine indeed.

A/n: Hello!! I'm back!! My schedule for today is currently cleared so I was able to write this chapter and I hope you guys like this aodhaiohwds

School is just so hectic– too much activities with the deadlines creeping in much faster than the end of the Academic Year. ㅠㅠ

To my fellow readers who are students as well, we'll get through these hard times! I believe in you all and I love you! 

And also, things are slowly spicing up ;)