t w e n t y t w o

The sound of someone's nose breaking reverberated in the entire cafeteria.

Everyone's mouths were left ajar, not sure if what they had witnessed was a figment of their imagination or not. In this era, women 'roughing' things up using their fists were not common, since most were used to them seeing lasses slapping and pulling each other's hair to their own heart's content.

So a girl, the daughter of a duke no less, the entire spectacle was conclusively out of the ordinary. 

"Well, that was satisfying," you commented within the silence of the place as you shook your hands and checked them afterward to see if you had injured yourself during the process of socking Clemenbitch's face. Small bits of blood had stained your knuckles, so you glanced at Clementine who was still in a shock, and after seeing blood continuously drip from her nose, it was safe for you to assume that it wasn't yours.

Takuma was... as still as a statue like those of the ones situated right at the gates of the imperial family's castle. In the entirety of his 18 years of experience as an investigator, he had witnessed some crazy things. And while this hadn't exactly been the most mind-blowing thing that he had seen, this was still a spectacle no less.

If anything, he had even thought this side of you was hot.

"I...I'll tell this to my father!" Idiot. Had all of the nutrients that were supposed to be received by her brain had been placed on her rear because all of the words she was spouting were shit.

"Go ahead. Do you think that I am afraid of your little tattle? If ever, you would even be at a disadvantage moreso than me." This wasn't a bluff.

"In fact, I encourage you to do it. Just imagining the defeated look on your face excites me," you finished with a mocking simper before heading towards the exit of this canteen. Your appetite had been long gone the instance that you saw her hideous face. Moreover, you'd probably be more tempted to just slam the tray on her face if she didn't bring an end to her shrewish behavior.

Just as you were about to continue walking, a hand had latched their grip on your arm obstructing you from moving any further. When you twisted your head a bit to catch a glimpse of who had been dunce enough to stop you, you recognized her as the 'Arisa' that Clementine had called out.

"Just you wait! Lady Clementine wouldn't ever lose to the likes of you!" Now that you had gotten a good look at her face, she did seem quite cute. Too bad that she was a follower of that wench. Had she dismantled her relationship with that witch long ago, you would've even perhaps have formed a good and friendly relationship with her.

Too bad that she was a doofus as well. Such a miserable, pathetic, little thing. You pitied her.

"My fists are still itching. You wouldn't mind it if it met your face, would you?"

Just the perfect comeback.

She had immediately let go of you, fearful that the thing that happened to her leader might happen to her as well if she had stood up to you any longer than she had.

"Smart choice, baby girl," and the complexion of the girl to whom you directed your words at had gone flush– the reasons were unknown to you yet you were disinterested enough to not give a damn as to why. You surmised that it was out of shame.

Takuma had willed himself to snap out of his trance-like state, "Ah, wait!" 

You had halted your steps to let him catch up to you. Once he did, the both of you had made your way to one of the shower rooms in the school. You had insisted that it'd be alright if he went to the shop first, but he was obstinate and stubbornly refused to heed your request. That was kind of nice of him to do that when he didn't have to, you guessed.