t w e n t y

Waking up after not getting enough sleep, showering, eating breakfast, and then being escorted to school- it was just a never-ending cycle for you.

After what happened yesterday, you couldn't just doze off knowing just how much of a wreck everything was. Yukio cornering you and showing you what he was like behind closed doors, Takuma using violence to get him off of you, and to Enki still giving you the cold-shoulder, it was all so draining.

In your previous life, you had never experienced something this dramatic before, hell, you were sure everyone as well did not aside from all those people from soap operas. You had no clue as to how to sort things out, and you couldn't bring your thoughts about how your life could've been less complicated hadn't Jiryu put a stop to your previous attempt to a standstill.

Sighs after sighs became unshackled including yawns, clearly showing that your lack of rest was affecting you no matter how much you didn't want it to.

"I know that I've said this before, but you're looking more and more lifeless the more that I see you."

You loved Kane as a friend since she was the only sane one whom you could count on during times like these, but you supposed that now was the right time to show your appreciation towards her companionship with you. "Kaneee," you slung an arm around her shoulders and poured to her all the dead weight from your body. "The hell is up with you?" And luckily enough, she was able to support you and prevent you from falling on your face in front of everyone that might cost you your entire school life.

"Holy shit, you're so light! Have you been eating at all?!" She castigated you, and if before, you hated people reprimanding you more than anything, now, you were just jubilant that someone cared enough for you to rebuke you.

"Yeah, kind of lost track of my eating schedule," you just sighed before finally standing up like an ordinary human being, now walking adjacent to her. "You think I forgot about you not giving me the deets about your new boyfriend?" And you gulped down the saliva that formed inside your mouth. "Aha, yeah, about that," you awkwardly tittered.

You told her everything, just like what she wanted you to do, but of course, you excluded the small details like how it was all just a scheme since that would be a breach of contract. After that, the girl hummed thoughtfully before asking you a question, "How did your lover boys react to this news?"

"Lover... boys?" You scrunched the skin between your eyebrows at the weird term she had used.  "Don't tell me you haven't noticed it?" Her voice was much quieter this time around.

"Noticed what?" You knew what she was talking about.

You wouldn't lie, you already made that assumption about the others developing feelings for you, but because that thought itself made you come off as bumptious, you swiftly abandoned that idea without delay.

It was not as if the notion was entirely impossible, but you'd prefer to just pull out your hair due to aggro once that quandary appeared, not before it.

"Don't play dumb. Those fools were making it too obvious as well that I'm disconcerted to know that everyone still hadn't noticed it yet," she huffed, in such a way that her frustration at everyone's ignorance was made apparent.

"You're just delusional, my dear friend," you patted her head before heading off to your second class.

Ah, Literature. It once was your favorite subject since you got to see your pal there, but now that there was discord between you two, you dreaded to even open the door and meet eyes with him.

You also felt the same during Maths since it was your first subject for the day, so you would know how blissful it felt to know that Yukio skipped school. And while you were relieved because of his absence, you were still worried for the boy regarding his whereabouts even if you two didn't have the greatest relationship out there.