s e v e n

"Sorry... All of the slots have been taken so we can't accept any more members."

"Ah, about that..."

"There are many clubs you can choose from.. for an example... uh... the Journalism Club?"

He planned this. You were sure of it. Was he so bored that he decided it'd be a blast for him to meddle with your life? How did he even know what you wanted in a club? That fucktard Yukio... Not that you wanted to sound too overconfident, but was he stalking you?

Swallowing your pride, you barged into their territory, a flustered look on your face as you tightened your jaw. "Well, that was quick," Yukio said with a laugh afterwards, conspicuously mocking you albeit veiled by his escaped chuckles. You groaned inwardly as you stared at him with such disdain. Even if he didn't admit it, that guy was powerful enough that he was able to twist everyone around that grimy fingers of his, causing them to deny your application form.

"Don't push your luck," you jabbed that piece of paper that contained all of your information on his chest, except for your place of residence because who would be half-witted enough to do that around these mentals? 

"Y/n? You forgot to write your address-"

"No." One word before you scrambled away from them, the loud bang of the door being closed was the only thing that was registered by their auditory perception.

"I don't like that girl," Jiryu's hoarse voice was the first one to leave a statement. Yukio just looked at him before flashing him his usual faux smile, much to that unruly male's dismay. "Good," the president of the club's only response.

Enki slowly raised his hand, "Actually- eek!" And once he saw the ominous aura encasing their leader, he hastily placed his hand back down and subsequently lowered his head to show his respect to the one that held superiority in this four-cornered room.

"I believe that you were about to say something?" His melodious voice juxtaposed his face's expression. So it wasn't anything new to anyone that Enki found it hard to compose himself under that predatory gaze, "N...Nothing!"

"That's what I thought."
.
.

The chauffeur came just in time to fetch you, greeting you with reverence before retrieving your bag from you. "Ah, Lady Ross. You don't look so good," and it wasn't his intention to give the feeling of being rude, but due to that guy inflating your heart and mind with negative emotions, you were just so spent that just about anything would peeve you off.

"I'm fine. I just need to rest." You entered the vehicle, leaning your head against the window afterwards as you sighed, finally feeling tranquility for once in your life. 

"Just wake me up once we get there."

"Yes, madam."
.
.

Now lying on your overly-sized bed that could contain about six people, you were ready to just drift off into dreamland, until the phone went alive with the ringtone that you'd set, telling you that someone had sent you a message on your flip phone.

╔.▪.══════════════════════╗

Tragedies at Royal Brix was set around the Year 1996. Just in time for the release of the first flip phone ever. Due to its massive success in the market, its price went up far faster than anyone would've imagined.

It didn't take long before it became exclusive only to nobles and those that belonged to the high society due to its value.

╚══════════════════════.▪.╝

Unknown: Hi, Y/n! This is Kozan! Sorry for messaging you all of a sudden hehe. I pleaded for Kane to give me your phone number since you're the only contact I didn't have yet on my phone so please don't take your anger out on her. :3

Y/n: hi. it's nice talking to you. good night.

Kozan:  Hey... Don't leave me hanging just yet..

Y/n: what are we even going to talk about. it's past ten and i need my sleep.

Kozan: Oh, I was disturbing you, wasn't I? Sorry... I'll leave you alone now.

'Shit... My conscience is telling me that I'm acting so bitchy.'

Y/n: sorry if i sounded like i didn't want to talk to you. i'm just so tired. i promise to text you next thing in the morning.

Kozan: Oh, don't worry! I understand you. And you promise, alright? 

Y/n: k

You could've come up with a better reply than a single letter, yet your mind was so dazed because you were so close to sleeping that you didn't really care for anything else. You'd just make it up to that boy tomorrow. But now? It's 'you' time.

"Finally. No more disruptions-"

Ring. Ring. The ringing tone of someone calling.

Getting ahold of your pillow, you smacked it in front of your face before letting out a huge scream out of frustration, and thankfully, the sound was deadened because of it. Why must you jinx things?

You answered the phone, your face contorting into a cringe because of the sudden brightness of the phone. This'd be the last time you'd put up with their shit.

"Y/n? Is this the wrong number? Sorry... I'll hang upㅡ!" The longer you didn't answer, the more anxious Enki became. Maybe he had inputted the wrong number? After all, he was so thickheaded that he wouldn't feel perplexed if he had committed such a simple mistakeㅡ

"Shh. It's me." His ramblings drew a stand, your sleepy voice comforting him much more than he expected. "Oh sorry! I'm bothering you, aren't I?" His thumb ghosted over the red button that would end the call, yet as much as he wanted to do just that, he couldn't press on it.

"It's alright. What did you want to say?" Since this was Enki, the one who you liked out of all of them, you could condone the sin that he'd made which was interrupting your snoozing.

"W...Welcome to our club... That's all... The reason why I knew your number was because I tried to memorize it as soon as I could the moment I saw it on your form because I couldn't ask Yukio... I apologize if you found that weird. I could just delete and forget all about if it you want me to..." The last of his words were only a whisper. God damn it, why was he acting so precious? If his front just harmonised with his soon-to-be sanguinary self, loathing him would be a walk in the park.

"Thanks. And oh, you can keep it, don't worry. Gosh, you're the only one that I could tolerate out of all of those goons-" 

Beep. Beep.

Oh, he hung up. Good for you. 

Just why where these blokes even hellbent on contacting you in the first place? Well, who cares? Though what you couldn't believe was that you hadn't thought of this solution awhile agoㅡ 

Now that you've muted your phone, you were now positive that your torpor wouldn't ever get disrupted starting now.
.
.

6 missed calls from an unknown number.

8 new text messages from an unknown number.

.
.

"Darn it... Why isn't she answering?!" Whined Yukio as he dialed your cellphone number for the seventh time.