The Last Night

"Love is the most powerful emotion, and that makes it the most dangerous."

A voice cried out as she chased after him. "You don't have to do this."

"Get away from me, Juliet!" He shouted down the street, probably loud enough for the neighbors to hear.

"It's okay Hunter, I know you didn't mean it."

"Are you really that naive?! I could of seriously hurt you! You have to stay away from me!" He said getting closer to her.

"I'm not afraid of you." She said stated, looking him in the eyes, standing proudly not moving away. His eyes were dark but not dark as in the color, more like filled with darkness. Hunter wasn't dangerous. He was just lost and she wasn't going to let him go that easily.

"Hunter?" A voice said, pulling him out of the memory. "What are you doing here?"

"Can we talk?" He asked in a shaky voice.

The gentleman nodded and led him to the couch in his office. "I didn't think you were back."

"Sorry I didn't call."

"It's alright. What's on your mind?" He said as he took a seat across from him on a comfy chair.

"I..." He fiddled with his fingers before he spoke up again. "When I came back to town, I suspected things to be the same but they're not."

"Go on." The man said nodding his head.

"When I left, things were really screwed up and I thought that if I left, things would be better for everyone. That I would feel better..."

"And did you feel better when you were away?"

"No." He shook his head. This was hard for Hunter, talking about his feelings about the night it all went wrong and all the pain it caused. In some ways he wishes he could go back in time and take it all back but now he knows that he can't. What he did all those months ago is done and he can never go back to change things like he wishes he could.

"I saw Juliet the other day. Does she know you're back?" He slowly nodded his head, looking down. "And you're brother? How did he take the news?"

He let out a chuckle. "Cody? He hates me. Probably wished I died while I was away.. And I don't blame him. Some days I wish I was dead too."

"Hunter, that's no way to talk. I know you have been through a lot but you always make it out okay."

"I quit drinking."

"Well that's great! See you're making progress."

"That was 98 days ago. It didn't last that long." Hunter stated.

"Why not?" The man questioned him, looking a bit confused.

"Because I'm back here."

"Then why did you come back?" Hunter shrugged and was pulled into another flashback.

He was drunk and angry, which was never a good combination. She walked into the house and jumped when she heard footsteps, only to see Hunter.

"Hunter, you scared me." Juliet said as she placed a hand on her chest to feel her fast beating heart.

"Sorry" He said. His eyes were glazed over and he didn't seem like himself.

"Are you drunk? What's wrong?"

He shook his head in digust. "What's wrong? What's wrong?!" He shouted. "You kissed Cody!"

"Okay... what are you talking about?" She said as she tried to get him to calm down.

What the Heart WantsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara