90 Days

It was a whole five days he manged to avoid her and he wasn't feeling great about himself. Being back in this town was starting to bring back so many bad memories he wanted to forget. He was sitting at the bar in a night club and had a glass of toxin in front of him. At only 17, almost 18 he already had so much baggage he didn't know what to do with it anymore. Someone sat down next to him and he didn't care to see who it was.

"Are you really going to drink that?" they said. In his hand he had a sober chip with the words 3 months printed on it. He took a sip of his drink, ignoring the girl. He already had so many, he lost count but to him this was the only way to escape his problems for a while.

"Hunter" the girls voice was familiar and when he turned his head he knew exactly who he was looking at, Juliet. He groaned. Just great, the person he wasn't suppose to see was starting to turn up everywhere he went now. Cody wasn't going to like this. "Are you okay?" she asked concerned.

"I'm fine" he said a little rudely.

"You're drinking."

"Don't worry. This isn't my first drink." He took another sip and slammed the glass down. It was true. He was sober for 90 days but then he walked into that bar the night he returned, slipping back into his old lifestyle.

"Can we talk without you running out on me again?"

"I guess" he shrugged his shoulders. He wasn't leaving and clearly she wasn't either now.

She was nervous but why? It wasn't like she wasn't use to him like this. He would constantly come over to her house drunk or high in one of his moods.

"What do you want to talk about?" he asked.

"I don't know..." She wanted to talk to him but she didn't know where to start. She wanted answers. No, wrong. She needed answers. He left for a year with no call or anything. She thought something might of happened to him but she couldn't let her negative thoughts control her life so she moved passed it.

He order another drink and she ordered one too.

"Since when do you drink?" He asked, surprised.

"You were gone for a year, Hunter. People change." She knocked back the drink. She wasn't stupid enough to get drunk though. "So why are you really back in town?"

He downed his drink. "If only I knew." He didn't want to lie anymore. He was tired of lying, especially to her.

"I'm sorry" she said in a sympathetic tone. She didn't know why she was apologizing but she just felt like she had to.

"Why are you sorry?" he asked, confused.

"I'm the reason you left right?"

"I don't want to talk about it." He turned away from her, looking straight ahead now. He held another another glass in his hand filled with the same toxin from earlier.

"Except we have to. I'm okay Hunter. You have to stop beating yourself up about this."

"Well what if I can't?!" He said, getting angry.

She sighed and touched his arm. The look in her eyes was sincere and he didn't want to hurt her again so instead of doing anything, he pulled his arm away and got up from the stool.

"Where are you going now?" she asked. She didn't want him to leave alone. Not in the state he was in. She was afraid he would do something stupid or get himself into trouble. He was drinking and she knew what that meant. He was in pain and she wanted to heal it but she didn't know how.

He didn't answer her. He walked away, leaving a tip for the bartender. She wasn't taking any chances though so she followed him anyways.

"You're not driving." She called out to him as they approached his truck.

"Leave me alone, Jules." He hadn't called her by her nickname in the longest time and it felt like nothing changed but he was wrong. Things did changed as much as he hated to admit it.

"No! I'm not letting you get yourself killed. Now give me the keys." She said as she held out her hand but he refused.

"You're not the boss of me, Juliet!" He shouted and went to open the car door but she was in the way, still patiently waiting on him.

"I'm trying to help you. Why can't you see that?" She didn't want things to be like this between them and she could tell he didn't either but why was he fighting it?

"Because people like me can't be helped." and with that being said, he got in his truck and drove away.