【Chapter 5】

ஜ۞ஜ 

   ஜ۞ஜ 

*𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯*

The full moon still hung high in the sky as the twinkling of stars was still winking at humans below. The air was warm but with a cold breeze flying by making it a good time to think, to go outside, and to just think, and that's just what our dear reader decided to do.

Hugging her burrowed blankets close to her chest (Y/n) walked out of her room quietly and down the steps to the best of her abilities to stay quiet as to not wake up the others. Glancing around for a second time (Y/n) walked out of the tavern and to the welcoming outside. 

Letting out a sigh that she was holding (Y/n) leaned towards the wall and looked up at the sky with tired eyes. She didn't sleep, not like she could. Something was screaming at her of something, though it was muffled. (Y/n) was confused, this never happened before, so why now?

Sighing, (Y/n) got up from her leaning position and faced Meliodas who peered at her in curiosity. Once finding out of his position being compromised he yelped making (Y/n) smirk. 

"Perverted blondy, nice of you to join me in this lovely night." (Y/n) whispered, though Meliodas heard this. Smiling, he walked closer to her to the point they were almost touching... almost. "Well, something didn't feel right so I got out of bed and looked out the window only to see you." Meliodas explained to her, but she didn't care, when would she?

Humming, (Y/n) turned to look back at the stars, no longer wishing to pay any more attention than necessary to other things. "Just couldn't sleep, besides, staring at the sky is even better than sleeping, don't you think?" (Y/n) asked him, the moon shining even brighter. Meliodas didn't respond but instead looked up at her.

"Hey, (Y/n)? Can I ask you a question?" Meliodas asked her, on which she just nodded. "Go ahead, I don't have much to hide." (Y/n) yawned at the end and put her attention back at Meliodas. Feeling her stare on him Meliodas stiffened up as his seven hearts speeded up quickly, his stomach starting to feel strange. 

"Well... have you ever fallen in love?" Meliodas whispered loud enough for her to hear, his hair covering most of his face now. (Y/n) cocked her head at him, "Have I ever fallen in love?" (Y/n) whispered to herself, now looked down at her blanket.

(Y/n) racked her brain around trying to find a time on where she felt something different for someone but found nothing. "Define love." (Y/n) demanded, on which Meliodas obliged. "Well... think of love as there being a longing for another, an attraction that nothing else can beat." Meliodas explained to her, though (Y/n) was still confused.

"What your saying is, if I would have had a longing for a dessert that would be called love?" (Y/n) questioned him. Meliodas smiled up at her and waved his hands in a denying motion. "No, that would just be wishing for something, not longing for an emotion or feeling named love." Meliodas laughed and got a little bit closer to her now. (Y/n) noticed this but thought nothing of it, besides, what could be done that would ever catch her off guard?

(Y/n) turned her attention back at the stars in curiosity. "I never truly understood such feeling, but from what I have observed throughout my years I have found out that love is actually lust, the lust for one another." (Y/n) stated and sent her gaze back at Meliodas. Now, he was frozen solid not even knowing what to do next.

Meliodas faked coughed onto his hand and turned the other way from her trying to hide his growing red blush. "Why do you think like such?" Meliodas cleared his throat and looked back over at (Y/n). "I just think that over the years lust has evolved into so much more to the point of it being blinded by being called love, but in reality, it's just people having a much more civilized way to show love for one another." (Y/n) stated and hugged her blanket even closer.

Meliodas stared at her for longer than she would have liked before smiling widely at her. "(Y/n), my dear (Y/n), there are more than one species of love, and the one I have is from a different kind!" Meliodas exclaimed and finally ripped away the last shred of the distance between the two and hugged her closely. 

(Y/n) looked down at Meliodas with a confused expression, but did not hug back. "Meliodas, why are you hugging me?" (Y/n) questioned him, but he didn't respond. Reluctantly pulling away from the hug Meliodas smiled up at her again, but this time his eyes hid something different. 

"Nothing, my dear (Y/n), just realized something is all. Now, come on in and go to sleep! Tomorrow we have a big day ahead of us!" Meliodas stated and ran back inside the tavern with a goofy smile. Standing there confused about the recent events (Y/n) shrugged and went back inside the tavern and up the stairs towards her room only for her surprise to find none other than Meliodas laying down comfortably on her bed.

"What are you doing here?" (Y/n) questioned him, her bored eyes staring right back at his emerald green ones. Meliodas' smile widened and patted on the spot next to him on the bed. "This is my tavern, darling, so I think I could stay wherever I want!" Meliodas proudly stated.

(Y/n) stood there, unamused, and walked towards the furthest corner from the bed and laid there with blankets covering her figure from the cold, hard ground. "Alright, do what you want, but I'm not taking that invitation." (Y/n) responded, and stayed true to her words by laying down on the floor with only the blankets as her protection.

Meliodas frowned, "You'll be uncomfortable all night, though." Meliodas whimpered. (Y/n) stayed silent making Meliodas panic and get out of the floor only to find out that she just fell asleep. Meliodas dejectedly sighed and walked back over towards the bed and grabbed two pillows and a blanket and headed over towards (Y/n) again.

Lifting her head Meliodas placed the pillow under her head and gently allowed it to fall back down. Fixing up his own bed right next to (Y/n) Meliodas tried his best to fall asleep, but couldn't. 

His stares, his attention, his heart, his mind, and his body, now all tied tightly to this one girl.

What could go wrong? Just what? 

(ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴅᴀʏ/ɴɪɢʜᴛ ᴍʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇꜱ!)