"Okay, but seriously...next time I'm invited." She said pointing at Levi. "Yes yes, okay now let's go," Erwin annoying replied, gesturing for Hange to open the door.

As they left, Levi finally gave his full attention back to Novia. He sighed, eyeing her up and down. "What am I going to do with you.." He rubbed the bridge of nose with his two fingers.

Novia didn't want to look him in the eyes, so she kept her stance that faced away from him. "Just get it over with Levi, I don't want to be in here with you anymore." She mumbled, obvious vacancy in her tone.

Levi got closer to her. Now that Erwin was gone he could finally question her without any interruptions. He harshly twisted her body so she was now facing him, his fierce grey eyes intently analyzing her fearful blue ones.

"Why did you come here. Really." He narrowed his eyes, making sure she would tell him the truth.

"You seriously want to know why Levi?" She spoke up now, a slight attitude emerging the more she thought about Levi kicking her out when she needed him the most.

He gripped her arms more tightly, signifying he was getting impatient with her. He put his whip down for just a second so he could use his other hand to grip her chin. He was not going to allow her to speak to him with such disrespect in her tone.

As he roughly took her chin in his hands, she let out a wince of pain, her jaw feeling like it would fall off at any moment. He was squeezing it so hard, her cheeks squished together.

"Drop the attitude right now Good. I'm sick and tired of you being so ill-mannered." He spat. As his chest heaved up and down from anger, Novia could faintly sense a sexual tension radiating from his body language... She did her best to ignore it.

As he finally let go, Novia ran her fingers over her jaw, caressing it from Levi's brutal grasp. "I came in because I was feeling nostalgic..." Levi furrowed his eyebrows, not expecting that to be her answer. "What do you mean?"

"I couldn't help myself....it was nice thinking about the time where you didn't treat me like this. The first time I was here, even though you originally brought me here for a punishment, you unlocked a side of me I didn't think was even there. You made me feel...reckless and excited. you made m-me feel..." Novia's voice meekly cracked as she tried to find her words.

Everything she was saying to him wasn't a lie. Yes she left out everything she almost did with Eren for obvious reasons, but coming into Levi's office did trigger thoughts about the past. Sure there were parts that sucked, like him tearing her shirt in half and binding her hands.. but in reality, Levi showing his attraction toward her lit a fire of adrenaline in her mind and body...The only other person that carried this ability was Eren.

It faded the more he treated her with such a heartless disposition.

Levi shifted uncomfortably as Novia spoke of him in such a vulnerable way. He could see the true intent of her coming here...He knew her objective wasn't to steal files, so in a way he felt for her. Since Erwin saw her too, there was no way he could get out of not punishing her in this manner. No matter what Novia said to him to make him sympathize with her, he still had to listen to his commander. 

He kept his exterior as expressionless as possible. "As much as I believe what you're saying, I can't change what Erwin's demands are. It was still a reckless decision you made and you do need to be disciplined. In my opinion, I wouldn't have requested it be this extreme, but...he is the commander....so turn around."

Novia nodded as she disconnected their eye contact....She couldn't argue with him... in a sense he was right. It was his job to do what the commander asked of him, so blaming him for it was pointless. On the other hand though, if he never kicked her out, this all wouldn't be happening. She would've never needed to get revenge and spite him. Now that she knew he didn't want to whip her she realized it was too little to late...he was the cause of all this.

"You should still be glad I only have to do it once." This made Novia grip the desk in anger. If he wasn't such an asshole he wouldn't have to do it at all.

"I don't want to talk about this anymore...just do it." Her voice was hollow. Instead of discussing these matter with him she just wanted to distract herself from the pain that was about to ascend throughout her body.

Levi steadied himself, his shaky breath carried such guilt in it. It all felt unreal, his mind didn't connect with his actions as he let his arm reach out with the whip, whacking Novia on the back. Hearing the leather fabric connect with her skin made him shudder. He felt horrible, but there was nothing he could do. She howled in pain, using her hand to cover her mouth. It was over within an instant.

"I-I'm sorry Novia." Levi barely whispered, but the room was so still Novia heard it.

"I hate you...I wish I never came here...I don't mean just today, I mean ever." She faced him now. "Don't worry, from now on, I'll stay away from you. Just like you asked." Novia tried to act like her back wasn't on fire. She didn't want to show Levi it was affecting her to the extent he predicted it would.

Levi stayed silent as Novia sharply gazed at him in disgust. With his silence, Novia took that as  an incentive to excuse herself from the conversation. There was nothing left to be said. Before Levi could say his ultimate phrase, Novia beat him to it.

"I'm dismissed, Im aware of that....I'm leaving now because I know that's what you want so goodbye Captain. I'll see you at training tomorrow."

Levi noticed the sudden shift Novia had in her voice and it was chilling to him. Not only was she addressing him as 'captain,' now, even though they were still alone, she spoke with such formality and insinuated they would no longer be interacting with each other outside of their job.

She quietly strode past him and left without saying another word. Levi stood there expressionless until the door was fully closed.

He pursed his lips in frustration, angry with himself for permanently damaging Novia's infatuated perspective she had of him. His feelings were gnawing at his conscious. He admired she had come to terms with her feelings, and yet he could not do the same.

"That's not what I want.......... please..... Novia..... come back to me...." He achingly whispered just barely under his breath, closing his eyes to avoid his own shame. 

........

Levia is just so tragically beautiful hmmm? Please, please trust the process my sweet and lovely readers.

Sometimes when I see such hateful comments about my story it really be hurtin' my feelings.

I try and just pay attention to all the positive ones and I very much love all of you for that.

Also, just know I usually post my chapters in the middle of the night. I don't know why writing so late just makes me focus better.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! So far let me know if you changed your mind on who you ship more, Levia or Erevia.

xxxxx,
~Rey 🌸