"Just- oh! Try turning into crookshanks" she said eagerly grabbing her pet and placing him on top of Y/N's bed.

Y/N sighed knowing Hermione wouldn't give up until she had at least tried.

"Fine" she said sitting up and looking at the cat. She examined the hair thickness, length, how long the cat was, everything that she would need to change about herself.

She focused on the every small detail that Crookshanks physical appearance held, while Hermione watched in amazement.

"Well fuck-" she said when her arms turned into what Crookshanks legs looked like. 

"Language" Hermione scolded looking mildly disappointed that Y/N hadn't been able to completely turn into a copy of crookshanks. She knew it would take practice but she couldn't help but want to explore every aspect of Y/N's ability. It truly fascinated her.

"it's an improvement.." she said shrugging as she picked up crookshanks who stared at Y/N's arms in horror.

Y/N turned her arms back to normal and leaned back against the headboard of her bed opening up her potions book.

"Hermione did you do your potions essay?" She asked.

"Yes"

"Can I cop-"

Hermione let out a small frustrated sigh, "You can't copy it, but I'll help you"

Y/N groaned, "never mind" she said flipping to the assigned page.

***

"He'll be here soon" Hermione said as she, Y/N and Ron walked to Defense Against the Dark Arts.

"The weather is terrible, I can't imagine them playing like this tomorrow" Y/N said looking out the windows.

"It's easy to slip on your broom when it's raining" Ron said as they reached the door, the thought of Harry plummeting from the sky made her stomach churn. It sounded deadly.

"They shouldn't let them pla-" Y/N stopped talking when she saw Professor Snape sitting at Professor Lupin's desk.

As the rest of the class walked in the reactions varied, the slytherins seemed pleased that their head of house was teaching the class meanwhile the Gryffindors seems more annoyed and confused.

Y/N sat down besides Hermione and Ron sat down leaving the spot besides him empty for Harry.

Snape stayed seated for a couple minutes. After a while Snape stood up and walked to the front of the class.

"Your Professor" he said with distaste "has fallen ill today and is unable to teach-"

There were rushed footsteps heard as the doors opened.

"Sorry I'm late, Professor Lupin. I —" Harry stopped walking and stared up in confusion at Professor Snape.

"This lesson began ten minutes ago, Potter, so I think we'll make it ten points from Gryffindor.Sit down."

But Harry didn't move.

"Where's Professor Lupin?" he said.

"He says he is feeling too ill to teach today," said Snape with a sneer. "I believe I told you to sit down?"

Harry stayed where he was.

"What's wrong with him?"

Snape's eyes narrowed."Nothing life-threatening," he said, looking as though he wished it were. "Five more points from Gryffindor, and if I have to ask you to sit down again, it will be fifty."