I hate her. I've never been pleasant to her, not once. That, however I used to not actually focus on her yet now with everybody calling attention to every last bit of her flaws, I understood the amount I disdain her so.  Constantly telling me how fat, ugly, hairy, hyperpigmented, stretched she is I can't bring myself to feel love for her. She doesn't accommodate your guidelines, hence she will undoubtedly be something anybody can adore really. At least, not without something in return. You can't love her unless she is benefiting your selfish needs. These needs shouldn't be forced upon her but still are. Asking to see more than what she presents, hoping it will subdue your wants and cravings. She's so accustomed to these wants that she benefits from the needs of the people to help her gain the attraction she's always begged for. Always wanting more but never receiving. I finally heard her crying calls and decided to ask her what she needed, which is a big deal considering I don't ask much. Thinking she might have needed protein, greens, movement, or water. Though, as I reflected upon her standing there staring at her, I realized that all my selfish needs were also being forced upon her as well. I've always promised to not force these things on her like everyone has in her past. Yet I still couldn't realize I'm the same as everyone else. I've been committed over the years to think and act a certain way to her from what everyone else says about her. Never truly hearing her side of the story. She murmured tenderly to me, "Would you be able to simply cherish me like this?". That's when I looked up to see my bathroom mirror. I took a gander at her interestingly really seeing her without every one of these misguided judgments flooding my head. She, as in my body. My body has been scrutinized for the vast majority of my life and as of now I understood all she required was love. What's more, not simply anybody's adoration, my affection. I told her that I'd take care of her from that point on whatever she wanted I'd give to her and my love overtook her. I still needed to heal from these past scars and the damage I'd done to her, but sleeping peacefully with her by my side and not resenting every inch of her was a new feeling. And though it hurts I'll ignore the rumors being spread about her. She can't help it after all that they think she's any less than what they perceive her to be. My love is all she needs and to that I shall give it to her the best I can.