"He came in after an hour, we talked a bit and I saw him playing with his left sleeve the whole time, I knew what it was there and you know too, he wasn't that good in hiding it" she said and looked at her mum, her mother nodded hesitantly but she trusted her daughter and let her continue with the story.

"I asked him what he was doing there and he told me, he told me everything from how he got that mark the previous summer to how much he would want to peel his skin off to get rid of it"

"You are probably now thinking why I didn't run to someone and told them right away that he was a deatheater but I just couldn't find in myself to, I saw him in one of my visions, the nightmare James wrote to you about, he probably had just taken the mark and he was in his room with his friend, Evan"

She took a deep breath ready to spill almost everything.

She would keep though the things he wanted unknown, unknown.

"He had looked at his hand with distaste, hatred. I could feel it radiate off him, that was the only reason I didn't rat him out, later I told about the visions too"

Her mother's eyes widened "You told him about your dreams?"

"Yeah, I don't know why, it was probably the drink I had and was not thinking straight. But he stayed and listened, after awhile he even understood that I saw him, he offered to help me" she whispered the last part.

Her mother looked at her with sympathetic eyes, she knew her daughter goes through a lot with the visions and having someone to help her with it would be a good idea to get her a bit more out of her normal, though extremely closed off, zone.

"We continued meeting, we spent many nights there just talking about anything, stupid things mostly. After some time, Monica and his friends caught up to it, we decided we could spent a trip to hogsmead together to see if we would get along. We did. Then it kind of started from there you know" she continued and gave Lola some of her food.

"We went to the library together, we talked to the hallways and at the classes, we grew close with the guys, Evan and Leo. We went to the ball together, were we kissed and then we kissed more times and some more and then we didn't know what to do, so we said that we are gonna stay friends."

"Why?-"

"I'll come to that later, and then one day I asked him to come to London with me, you and dad were on a trip, James and Sirius along with Remus and Peter were on their own vacation and he told me he was gonna spend the holidays alone. Obviously I was not gonna let him do that-"

"Of course not" said Euphemia, agreeing strongly with her daughter and Delilah let out a laugh.

Euphemia smiled too.

"And then we went to London and everything snapped into place, he told me he liked me and that he didn't want to be 'just friends who kiss sometimes'."

"So you did kiss more?"

"Yeah the part with us being just friends didn't work out really well" she said and continued on.

"I couldn't say that I didn't like him, I like him a lot, so I told him that we could be something more but we won't make anything official because of the war"

She took a breath, she really fucking hated that war.

"He wanted to make it official but you know how you always told me that I should consider all my options before acting, so I did, and the safest option was to wait. We spent the rest of the year acting like a couple, not in from of everyone of course, only in front of our friends and when we were alone. It worked out, it was thrilling and now I find myself craving more, I want us to be more, mum, and it terrifies me because what if someone finds out and-"

She was cut off by her mother.

"Delilah you are a smart girl, I can see that he makes you happy and I trust you when you say that he is good with you and doesn't want the dark life, I assume his parents picked for him, right?" Delilah nodded in confirmation.

"Then what are you waiting for sweetheart, tell him, you are still young, you are gonna have to take some risks so you can live your life to the fullest. And I know the war scares you, it scares me too, but we can't let it affect our lives. We don't know if we will make it out alive, we are always optimistic of course but you never know how things turn out" said her mother wisely and brushed her hand through the Delilah's hair.

Delilah looked up at her mother.

"Thanks mum, I really needed that"

"Of course sweetheart, that's what I'm here for" Euphemia said and placed a loving arm around Delilah's shoulder.

"You know, if your friends want to, they can come for some weeks during the summer" her mother offered and Delilah looked at her with wide eyes.

"Why are you looking at me like that dear child?" Her mum joked and Delilah laughed loudly.

"I was gonna ask you if they can come, but I was waiting to hear from them first" Delilah said.

"Well if they decide to come tell them they are welcomed, but if Regulus comes then you have to make sure that Sirius isn't here, It would make them both obviously uncomfortable to be around each other" Euphemia advised her and Delilah hummed.

"I'll tell them, and about Sirius and Regulus, me and Remus have been thinking of something but we obviously need some weeks to get the plan to work"

"Just don't force them into anything and make everything worse" her mother added.

"Thanks mum that really boosted my confidence that it will work" she said sarcastically with a roll of her eyes.

"Well well, what are you two doing out here?" came the voice of Fleamont as he approached with James, a plate of cookies in his hands.

"Where is Sirius?" asked Delilah not seeing the black haired idiot anywhere.

"He left half an hour ago, he went with Remus to look for another house" James said taking a seat beside Delilah resting his head on hers.

"I thought they already had found a house?" asked Euphemia, she would miss the black haired boy who used to run around their house since he was eleven. The house would be a lot quieter without him.

"Yeah they had found one that was pretty good but they saw another one at the newspaper that is couple of blocks down from here, so we would all be closer" James answered and took a bite of the chocolate biscuit.

"That tastes great, who gave you the recipe mum?"

"Molly Weasley, a very nice young lady I met at one of the order meetings" their mother answered.

"Well they are exceptionally good Mia" Fleamont complimented his wife, as she lightly blushed and kissed his cheek.

James covered Delilah's eyes with his hands.

"Keep the PDA down, there are kids here"

"James I'm warning you, you better take your hands off my eyes right now before I decide to kill you" threatened Delilah, but the humour was clear in her voice, as she punched him lightly on the arm.

"Calm down woman, no need for threats" said James and removed his hands from her eye only to wrap them around her shoulders.

"Well, you asked about our year, how was yours?" Die asked her parents as they jumped into a conversation about their parents 'boring hobbies', according to the siblings.

——————————————————————————

I just wanted to say a massive thank you for 23k reads and 700 votes that's literally insane!

A bit of Euphemia-Delilah content and there is more to come!

Hope you have a wonderful day!

DONT FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT