𝟭𝟮 - 𝗮𝗻 𝘂𝗻𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘂𝗻𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝗻𝗲𝘄𝘀

Start from the beginning

"If it is what you ask, then it is what you shall get." Gord took a parchment and started listing all of her tasks with a wave of his hand, quick as lightning.

ASSIGNMENTS

1. History

· Summary of the western history
· Summary of the eastern history
· Research on Vonetis Island mystery

2. Study of Magical Orbs

· Research on the Twilight Orb

Guinevere sighed. She forgot how strict Professor Gord could be, but it was what it took to obtain good grades. Failing a class wasn't at all in her dictionary. "When are these due?" she asked, still scanning her duties.

"As soon as you're back," he replied. "Make sure each of them is written in a separate book. Otherwise, nothing."

"Understood," she said. "Thank you, Professor."

She left his office and was on her way to the girl's dormitory, when she saw Lylia right by the entrance. You've got to be kidding me.

"Lovely to see you, Gwen!" she greeted in a cheerful manner, but to her it sounded more like mockery. The short and tiny little witch would always cause annoyance to Guinevere simply because she was capable of answering questions correctly and wore violet, Guinevere's favorite color, as her daily outfit. Not to mention she would do anything to pull her braided purple and black hair. Although, she had to admit that Lylia was never mean to people, if you don't include pulling naughty pranks, especially on Professor Eudora. They were absolutely troublesome.

"And why, may I ask, are you here?" Guinevere scoffed. "Aren't you supposed to be studying in Professor Eudora's class?"

"What?" she said. "Her class is over, silly! I'm going to have Astronomy soon with Professor Gord. See ya!"

Lylia walked ahead, carrying the Astronomy textbook and left her alone. Guinevere saw her untouched black shoes leaving magic tracks right behind her. She rolled her eyes, annoyed as ever, and went to her dormitory to pack her things.

***

It was 6:00 AM, an hour before school started. Guinevere woke up, still feeling a bit sleepy, but she was used to it. Years of being in the Magic Academy, where she had to wake up at 7:00 AM; study; have lunch; study again; have recess, where she would rather do a review of what she learnt that day; and finally sleep. It was a routine, and sometimes she could get bored of it. The studying part was an exception. Learning something new about magic was definitely her favorite thing to do, especially when she outclassed Lylia's not-so-clever brain.

She got out of her small bed and off to the washroom to brush her teeth and get ready for her ride home.

The thought was still on her mind about her father's unexpected letter, but she would soon find out about it, even though it was still bothering her.

She took off her nightgown and put on her regular purple dress, barely covering her legs and thighs, but she didn't mind. It was her favorite dress out of all the fancy ones she owned.

Her clothes and other belongings were perfectly fitting on her pretty blue luggage with a large pastel pink 'G' in the middle. She then put her white socks and black heels on and left the girl's dormitory, where the others were still asleep.

As she arrived in the main hall, she saw both Professor Gord and Eudora waiting on the massive entrance door, their eyes glowing. Right across it was the Academy's carriage, ready to take her for a ride. It was shining black with hints of gold and four majestic white horses in sight. Two imaginary footmen were waiting for her. They were creepy, conjured by advanced magic abilities, but the Magic Academy barely had people.