Glory

Glory sucked in a breath. She was so confused, but she did know for sure that she was angry.

Angry at who though, that was the big question. 

"I'm sorry, Glory," Tsunami told her as they flew. The Seawing's powerful wings blew air near her, steady and only slightly limping. "I......thought deathbringer was at least a decent dragon."

She really did look sorry, but Glory couldn't help a wave of rage still pass over her. 

"He is a decent dragon!" She yelled back. "But I don't know what happened, oKay! If you're right, everything he's said to me are lies."

An unstoppable flow of blue and white scales spread across her snout and wings, drowning out the red. Sadness. And pain. 

It was heart wrenching that maybe every flirting remark, every beautiful declaration were all lies.

"But if you're lying," Glory steadied her voice, looking straight at her friend, "then I don't know if we were ever friends."

That thought honestly hurt more than the thought of Deathbringer lying. Tsunami was more than her friend- she was her family, before Deathbringer, before anyone, before her throne. 

Tsunami and Glory had always fought, but that had somehow made them closer than the other dragonets. Even if they hadn't admitted it.

So that had to mean that Deathbringer was lying. 

She just couldn't see Tsunami lying to her. Glory trusted Tsunami with her life. 

Tsunami looked away, focused on something on the horizon, "I'm not lying," she said, in her warm, familiar voice. 

Glory suddenly stopped to land on a nearby tree, making sure no spying Rainwings were around. She buried her face in her talons, feeling horrifying tears slip out her claws. "I know," Glory choked out, "but then that means he is." 

Tsunami stopped besides her. "Um. There there?" 

Glory laughed through her tears, a sound that she didn't think she could really make at the moment. 

Glory and Tsunami never quite knew what to do when another dragon cried, it was another thing they had in common. 

"I love you, Tsunami," Glory whispered. It was probably the first time she'd ever said that, and she knew she was going to regret it later, but it was so, so true. Tsunami was the sister and best friend she never had. 

"I...." Tsunami seemed choked up too. "I love you too. You'll get through this. It might be.... good for you."

Glory didn't respond as Tsunami wrapped her wings around her and just let her cry.