The Breakup: Chrissie

Start from the beginning

The next few days were rough, I barely slept a wink and barely ate either, I continued to cry myself to sleep every night. I had called Jon's house to see if he was in or out and his mom said he was at Dave's house so I decided to head over and get my things. I walked in his house and went into the living room "Hey Chrissie....How you doin sweetie?" Her heartfelt question touched me. Bursting into tears straight away and ran into her arms, sobbing my heart out all over her "He really hurt me..." Struggling to get my words out through sobs. "I know he's my son but he can be an idiot sometimes"......"But he does love you Chrissie......He thinks I can't hear him but I hear him crying at night" I sniffle up my tears and pull away. "I just need some time..." , "Well he's leaving in a few days.." Caressing my arm a little. She hesitates while she looks me up and down "Honey....Have you been eating?" I instantly look down to the floor and quietly sob. "I can't.....Everything I eat....I throw it back up......I can't sleep.... when I do I have night terrors" Looking back up at her, she didn't say anything, she just pulled me in for a warm embracing hug. 

 After a little chat, I headed upstairs to his room, holding myself together while I packed up my things. I slapped on the radio and Prince-Purple rain blared through the speaker. I know I shouldn't have but I grabbed my favourite shirt of his and stuffed it into my bag. I noticed his suitcase for the road was packed in the corner so I opened it, I seen his camera and got it out. placing it on his drawers, facing the lens towards me and clicking record, Just as the song changed to Dobie Gray- Drift away started playing.

"Hi, Jonny......I don't even know what I'm doing..." I was cut off when I burst out crying, I quickly composed myself and looked back into the camera "I came over to pack seeing as you're at Dave's and I peeked in your suitcase and saw your camera and so it led to this........well whatever this is" shrugging a little while letting out a shaky sigh. "It's.....It's not a goodbye message....That's not what this is and if you're watching this and thinking 'That's not Chrissie that's some homeless woman got in my suitcase' No, It actually is me....I just....I can't eat, I throw my food back up and my night terrors have came back so I haven't been sleepin----I can't believe I just told you that...Oh God, I haven't been thinking straight" shaking my head lightly "I stole one of your shirts as well, might help me sleep". 

"I wanted you to know that I love you so much....and leaving you and running out was probably the hardest thing I've done....But I wasn't afraid to do it.......I really hope you fucking watch this.....I need you to know you hurt me and that I stand by my words, I shouldn't have to sit at home waiting for you and hearing nothing from you then you come home and don't talk to me then you're out on the road again.. ....God.....I saw myself marrying you and having your kids......In the future don't worry......and I still do.....But I don't know what the future holds.....Life sets you on this path and it already has your future planned out, doesn't matter what decisions you make, the outcome is the same....." My voice broke again when the tears welled up in my eyes, I sobbed out loud and looked down into my lap. I look back into the camera "My heart is yours.....Always...." I stand up and click the stop button.

 I turn the camera off and I'm placing it back inside his suitcase when something catches my eye. I grab a hold of the familiar fabric and pull it out, I recognise it as my shirt straight away. I can't believe he packed my shirt to take with him, I started sobbing again, the tears streaming down my face. I squeeze it back in his suitcase and zip it back up. I grab my suitcase and head back downstairs, going through to see Carol before leaving "Hey....Could you do me a favour?" biting my lip a little nervously "Sure anything honey" nodding with a soft smile "Don't tell Jonny about the sleeping and eating....It'll only make it worse for him" , "I won't honey I promise" nodding in confirmation. I give her one last hug then head out the door with my suitcase, trailing it along the path behind me.