A LIE AND A TRUTH

*Peeks from behind desk at angry readers* Hey guys I-

*Dodges many items including a bat from a certain friend*

BATSY! RUDE I SAID I WAS SORRY ABOUT LAST CHAPTER-

Sorry for not updating in a long time, guys! Not really any excuses except for me getting tumblr which was a big mistake because I still haven't updated this book in over two months-

Anyways, thanks for waiting for me to update and as a special treat, here's an extra long chapter just for you!!

Sidenote and warning: Badly written gore in this chapter and also some spoilers from the Lion Guard. If you haven't seen the show you probably won't understand some things in this chapter.

To say the journey to Aurora's cabin was awkward was a very big understatement.

To start, you had Ben who desperately wanted to talk about what the hell happened to Scarlett - but had no idea how to start, a stressed out Mal who was worried about keeping her promise to the Isle while also keeping Auradon and Ben safe, and then there was a totally unexplained tension going on between Scarlett and Uma.

Yea....did I mention it was extremely awkward?

So instead about talking it out like normal teenagers would, they all decided to put their personal messes aside to stop a certain evil cheerleader from destroying all of Auradon and the Isle.

Sneaking towards the cabin was no problem. Mal and Ben lead in front with the rest of the Core Four following them and the Sea Four coming up the rear.

When they finally reached the door of the cabin, Scarlett sensed no fresh traces of magic and deemed it worthy to barge in. And proceeded to break the door down completely.

The whole group was on high alert while searching the cabin. Checking every single nook and cranny of the place.

Once nothing useful was found - unless you deem a son of Cinderella with really bad claustrophobia useful - the group decided to march back to the castle to see if there was any luck with contacting Fairy Godmother.

Taking a deep breath of relief, Uma announced to the group as they wandered further away from the cabin, "Let's get this Audrey chick taken care of." Glancing at Scarlett and Mal who were giggling she continued, "What do you say girls? Time to wrap things up?"

Ben, finally working up the courage to speak, announced, "Scarlett is it okay if we could have a minute to talk? In private please?"

Said girl froze in her steps. He's gonna ask why I was sent to the Isle, isn't he? Well best to get this over with, she thought.

Taking a deep breath and throwing a worrying glancing over to her captain, Scarlett stepped away from the group with Ben. The others walked further away but stopped when Mal started talking to them.

Back to the two siblings.

The awkward silence that was cast upon the two was broken by Ben clearing his throat and finally addressing the issue. "I thought you would be a little bit more excited to talk," the king said in a jokingly manner.

"Well forgive me for not leaping for joy. Bad back, you know," she replied, glaring at the ground with a rocking intensity.

That answer didn't sit well with Ben at all. "Scarlett, what happened to you? How in Fairy Godmother's name did you end up on the Isle of all places? That's where our parents used to send villains!"

The lion girl remained silent, softening her gaze to the dirt below her ever so slightly. To an outside view point it would look as if Scar's daughter was getting lectured by the king. Which was kind of true.